Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ten for Tuesday

There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~ Edith Wharton, Vesalius in Zante

I may do this every week... if you all got some benefit from it!

TEN WRITING SITES WITH GOOD INFORMATION

1. Writing Articles from Holly Lisle - She has tons of information on everything you could want to know about writing, all comprehensive and interesting. I reference this site all the time.

2. Poynter Online - 50 Writing Tools - a great way to remind yourself to write tight.

3. Deb Stovers Writers Links - everything from publishers and agents, to sites for research, reviewers and more!

4. Cindy Carrol links for Writers - find links to articles, markets, dictionaries, anything that can help you write your books.

5. Fiction Factor - Writing Tips for Fiction Writers - So much here that I don't know where to start! Only click here if you have plenty of time.

6. Wikipedia - your site for research!

7. Fiction Addiction - Lots of writing articles here - they were named in Writers Digest top sites.

8. Charlotte Dillon Resources for Romance Writers - from prompts, to articles to critique groups, this site has it all!

9. The Everyday People's Guide to Writing the Novel - Lots of amazing info here, but it can be time consuming, so be warned!

10. Ten Things to Consider Before Starting Your Novel - the title says it all.

What are some of your favorite writing websites?

3 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Great links! Thanks for providing them. For some reason I never think about using Wikpedia.

We climbed Pack Monadnock, which is a much smaller version of Mt. Monadnock, but still a good climb. My legs are finally recovering.

No word from Samhain. I emailed "my" editor yesterday as a followup, just to make sure she received it. Its only been a little over a month, so I'm trying to be patient. In the meantime I have to get my rear in gear and get working on my wip (wip du jour). I hate not having something ready to go.

Have a wonderful day! Stay cool.

kjziumvq-Kangaroos jump zipping in under monoliths very quickly

Judy said...

thanks for the links. I'll check them out (those I don't have) and post my list later. Now, it's off to do a job. We had some major winds/storms through here on Friday/Saturday and a lot of trees are down. Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Great links! Some I was already familiar with (LOVE Wikipedia!), but some were new. :)