Friday, August 18, 2006

The Friday Feast

Time, once again, for The Friday Feast:

Appetizer
What color is your car?

Red. I hate that it's red. But when you buy used, you're more concerned about how well it runs than what color it is, and it runs great. But, still, it's red. Ugh.

Soup
If you could wake up tomorrow with full training in another occupation and a job in that field, what would it be?

Veterinary Medicine. I always wanted to be a vet, but couldn't swing eight years of college, timewise or financially. I moved out at eighteen and worked two jobs to survive. I didn't even go to college for five years after that, and then it was just a two-year deal.

Salad
How many times in your life have you had the flu (or something similar)?

The real flu (not some "24 hour" stomach bug that could be anything)? Once. Unfortunately, my ten-month-old daughter had it at the same time. It was a joy. (Now ask me if my husband stayed home from work to help...)

Main Course
What is something that has happened to you this week that you didn't expect?

I didn't expect to have to wait 40 minutes to get my dinner at the restaurant last night. I also didn't expect to have my daughter tormented by the teenagers who ran the last "game" day of story hour at the library -- she doesn't attend school, so isn't used to being called names and shoved around by other children. She was destroyed by it. Very sad...

Dessert
How old were you when you had your first kiss?

When I was five or six, I was "Little Miss Roddy" in a beauty contest for some race car thing (it's a little fuzzy... five or six was a l-o-n-g time ago). I got to present a trophy (or something) to the little boy whose dad had won the race, and he kissed me. His name was Duke and I had such a crush on him. Later on, when I got sick, he brough me one of those kids cream perfume things Avon made thirty-five years ago that was in the shape of a skunk. Man, I was in love...

Oh... wait... you mean a "real" kiss? Seventeen and a senior in high school. I remember the guy and the place, and I remember that he asked me to senior prom and I said no. Obviously, he wasn't that great a kisser...LOL...

8 comments:

Melli said...

That's so sad about your little girl and story time... I wish kids could just "be nice". (i wish everyone could just be nice!) Great feast!

Wystful1 said...

Great feast.

Mine's served up.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

About your little girl, those kids were rude. I hope she wasn't traumatizd by it. Great feast.
Mine's up too.

Anonymous said...

Love the dessert!

Janine

Anonymous said...

*hugs* to your daughter. Rude children are one of my major pet peeves.

Anonymous said...

Sad about the salad and main course :( kids these days *sigh* I hope your daughter's feeling better ~hugs~

Anonymous said...

veterinary medicine... good choice. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

ribbiticus said...

good feast! kids can be really rude sometimes...dining late...my feast is up finally! ;)