Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Feast

I forgot it was Friday -- I had actually posted a regular blog post before this one, so keep reading for new stuff after this.

Here's the weekly Friday Feast:

Appetizer
If you could have a free subscription to any magazine, which one would you like to have?

Writers Digest? Byline? Natural Health Mag? This is tough, because there aren't any magazines out there that I'm dying to subscribe to and couldn't live without. Maybe I should answer "Womans World" because they're expensive to subscribe to, and I need to read them for content for my writing submissions. Yeah. That's the one.

Soup
Describe your living room (furnishings, colors, etc.).

We have two -- one is supposed to be the formal dining room, but we are nothing if not informal...LOL. That one is the "TV" room and is very dark. The furniture is dark brown, both the upholstery and the wood and the walls are painted a color called "Fauna" which is also a grayish-brown. Oddly enough, it's a very cozy, comfortable room.

The other is the fireplace room. For a while we had no furniture in there and it didn't matter, because we didn't hang out in there (still don't). But we acquired hand-me-downs from FIL/MIL and so now have a blue sofa and chair. This room is much lighter, though painted "Fauna", we just had Home Depot lighten the shade wa-a-a-a-a-y down.

Salad
What does the shape of a circle make you think of?

Pluto... poor Pluto who is no longer a planet. I'm holding on to my old astronomy books just to prove to later generations that Pluto used to be part of our solar system as a PLANET.

Yes, I'm terribly upset by this whole debacle.

Main Course
Name 3 things in your life that you consider to be absolute necessities.

You mean aside from things like food, water and air? Hmmm... solitude, reading and writing.

Dessert
What was the last really funny movie you watched?

I'd like to say it was Pirates II: Dead Man's Chest, but that wasn't so funny, unfortunately.

It would have to be something I watched over like Galaxy Quest or Undercover Blues.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL on Pluto. Gotta love it.

Mine's served.

Judy said...

great feast, girl. I'm glad I'm not the only one with two living rooms! And, I agree with you whole-heartedly (is that just one word???) about Pluto. Piff on them!

Anonymous said...

Just think how many children are going to be confused about Pluto. I think that was the one planet that got me to memorize the rest.

Take care,
Connie

My feast is up!

Anonymous said...

I'm bummed about Pluto too!

Enjoyed your feast!

Anonymous said...

wow! 2 living rooms! mine's up! ;)