Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Of Spoiled Dogs and Unbelievable Growth

Despite the use of the e-collar, my dog may decide it's worth it to have surgery again. She gets foot massages and groomings every day. Not such a bad life, huh?



Yes, all that black around her is fur -- have I mentioned that I have to vacuum at least once a day (sometimes I do it twice - good thing she's cute!) so that my carpet looks like it's cream instead of black?

I was outside hanging out laundry today, and checking out "our" Monarch butterfly caterpillars to see how many there were. We topped out at five, but seem to be missing three - we still have Bubba and Middie (now renamed "Bob" for Bob's Big Boy). But lo and behold, we have a new baby, tentatively named "Tiny Too" (The original Tiny is among the missing).

As I observed the new baby and Bubba, I was flabbergasted at the amount of size change that they go through. Can you imagine if we started out as small as this:



And ended up like this:



And, yes, it appears that I caught Bubba in the act of ridding his body of excrement (his head is facing down, and that's his bum up in the air)... sorry...

I found a cool picture online of the size change of the monarch. Check it out:



Wowza! We'd be five stories high or something if we grew that much. Incredible.

And now, for those of you not as fascinated by the natural world as I am, I will return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your baby sheds more than me! *g* As much hair as I lose, it's a wonder I'm not bald. Good thing my hair is nice and thick. :)