Friday, August 11, 2006

The Friday Feast

This post brought to you by The Friday Feast:

Appetizer
Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood.

When I was very little, I had a doll that I'd chosen over all others -- a hand-me-down from somewhere (don't remember where). I chose her because she was a mess: Her hair was all funky and someone had scribbled on her face with a permanent marker. I knew that no one else would love her, so I did.

Soup
If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be?

Sustanance. No one should ever have to go hungry. That and quality healthcare... but sustanance first.

Salad
Approximately how many times per day do you think about your significant other?

Frequently. I base much of what I do on how it will affect him -- wow that sounds weird, doesn't it? It doesn't seem that weird when I'm doing it. *shuffles off to ponder this*

Main Course
What is something you believe in 100%?

I believe I'll live until I die. All other beliefs are subject to change.

Dessert
Name one thing you have done this week that you would consider a "good deed."

Hmmm... How about this. A kid my mom works with stripped off the skin from his toe while riding his bike to work. They didn't have any pain reliever or anything but tiny bandages. I stopped in, and she told me about it. I gave them the ibuprophen I had in my truck and ran across the street to WalMart for big bandages. Best I can do... though I'd like to think I do good deeds more frequently than that.

Maybe if you count the times I let people in front of me when there's traffic, or the guy with only a couple items that I let go first at the store and that kind of stuff. I do that all the time. Does that matter?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great feast. Your dessert sure mattered a lot to that little boy and his mom...I think that was really nice of you!

Take care,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful feast! Every kindess, or good deed, counts. At least I think so. If more people took the time to do even the smallest thing, the world would become better exponentially. :)

Melli said...

GREAT feast! I think your dessert DOES matter! Those little things that we don't think about -- those are the TRULY good deeds! If you think about them and 'score points' for them, then they really aren't good deeds! LOL! And I think you're right about how often we think of our SO's too... I wasn't thinking about all that stuff when I answered my feast...

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Your feast is great but your soup is superb.
My feast is up too.

Wystful1 said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, your appetizer is so scrumptious!!!


My feast is served.

Margaret said...

Great feast, I really loved your soup. Take care and Happy Friday. -Margie

Anonymous said...

Great feast. I loved your dessert.

Thank you for stopping by my FF.

Unknown said...

I think care for others is always a good thing. You obviously display that. more people in this world should be like that. really.

nice feasting!

Anonymous said...

Great feast! I totally base most of what I do or say on a regular basis on how it will affect my DH. You're not alone there :) And kudos to you for doing good deeds, whether big or small, on a daily basis.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Anonymous said...

omeone had scribbled on her face with a permanent marker. I knew that no one else would love her, so I did.

I used to "color" my Barbies' hair with magic markers. *g*