Friday, August 04, 2006

Poor Puppy!

I got my dog home today and promptly put her into doggy jail:



She has this amazing bandage/cast on her back leg and can barely stand (which is a good thing, I suppose, since she's supposed to stay off of her feet for two weeks, except potty breaks):



She has to wear the t-shirt because she has a pain patch under her arm pit that is toxic if she chews on it. I get to peel that off on Sunday. Her bandage comes off on Monday, stitches come out on the 14th.

You can't tell from this picture so much, but I never realized how much of her was fur until they shaved her hip - her fur is about 3-4" deep!



She's not a happy dog, but in 16 weeks, she should be all recovered and able to start on short walks again.

Yes. I said SIXTEEN weeks. Bet you wish you were having this kind of fun, huh?

2 comments:

Charity Tahmaseb said...

It's good to see her home, poor thing. You two take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor puppy!!! Sixteen weeks seems like a long time! But all in all, she looks pretty content even if she is unhappy.

*hugs*