Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Murder, I Wrote

No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow. ~Euripides

I worked a bit on my mystery yesterday. Not much, as I can't seem to write lately and have, instead, been forcing myself to do some prompts (the only rule being that I have to use characters from one of my WIPs). One of those prompts found its way into the story which got me writing. It brought my previous victim to life -- since I decided that I didn't want to deal with solving a murder.

And yet, as I was writing her intro into the story, I decided that she had to die after all... only this time it will be after my heroine gets to town and after her father has already disappeared, making her a credible suspect. Of course, that changes some serious stuff I'd planned, but having her as a suspect should help keep me focused on the murder.

Still, I hadn't realized I was so bloodthirsty. I pictured the reunion between the heroine and the victim as a time to get to know each other again and to say all the things that hadn't been said before. There's nothing like losing someone before you get to tell them that you love them. Trust me on this, I know. Don't waste time, go tell all the people who are important to you just how much they mean to you... NOW. You may not get a second chance.

Okay... interesting segue (does anyone else want to spell that "segway"?). Didn't mean to go off on that tangent, but hey... no one got hurt.

New topic.

A couple days ago, I wrote about book buying habits. And it's funny, but whenever I mention an author (other than Nora Roberts or Jennifer Crusie), they find their way here. It's one of the reason that when I don't like a book, I don't say so. I'm not a review site, that's not my job, and I don't look forward to the bad reviews I'll get when I'm published, so I keep that to myself.

Anyway (geez, I'm gabbing again)... I got a comment from Diana Peterfreund who helped assuage my guilt at having the library buy her book for me instead of buying it myself -- and I went to the bookstore the day it was released to do just that, but couldn't justify the $17.95. Budgets stink.

New Topic.

One of my writing friends from WVU, Allie Boniface, just started a new blog... go over and say howdy. Welcome her warmly to the blogosphere!

New Topic.

Yunno, instead of all these new topics I should write separate blog entries.

Yeah. Good idea. I'm holding off on this new topic until tomorrow so I don't have to wonder what to write about then. Don't you love being privvy to the internal conversation I have with my brain?

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love being privvy to the internal conversation I have with my brain?

Isn't that what most blogs are? *g*

WTG on writing on the mystery!!!!