Sunday, August 06, 2006

This and That

"Writing from the heart requires vision, and vision is beyond skill. Vision writers write what they want to write. This means they write about things that have moved them deeply. Such writing is not something that you can learn. For vision is a gift. But if you open your heart wide, the gift will be great." --- Cyn-Young Ahn

I'm feeling like a new person today - I actually managed to get a reasonable amount of sleep last night (once I gave in and took my dog's e-collar off). She cried and cried and at about 2 a.m. I freed her from her bonds. I think she was so exhausted at the point she crashed and so did I. I didn't wake up again until just after 6 a.m. WOO! Four SOLID hours, plus the dozing in and out earlier.

Yesterday I heard back on one of my submissions. The editor liked it, but wanted a few changes. I've hit up some of the best writers I know (*waves*) for a bit of input. I'd like to think I could do it all myself, but I've looked at this piece so many times that I can't picture it any way but the way that it's currently written. I need someone to whack me upside the head and say "Look... this would work, too!"

I was going to write more, but I've been alerted by my daughter that the dog is starting to lick her bandage and IV spot again, so time for the old e-collar again. Maybe I'll have a chance to get back in here again. I have to say, the daughter is taking very good care of the pup. I was going to post a picture, but blogger won't let me and Photobucket's is so big it messes up my format. Maybe later.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for sleep!!! Good luck with the revisions!!!

I'm glad the pup is doing well, all things considered. :)

Ceri Hebert said...

Excellent news on the revisions! I hope to hear back from Samhain this week (or next), but I'll take her asking for revisions in a heartbeat if it means they'll take it. :)

Hope you got another good night of sleep. Wish I could say the same, but I'm sunburnt and I wake up everytime I have to move.

Have a wonderful day.

pmdvfmd-please make Dave's violin fall my dear