Friday, August 04, 2006

The Friday Feast

Meme from The Friday Feast:

Friday Feast #105

Appetizer
Name an actor or actress you think is totally underappreciated.


Dwight Schultz - he played Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock on the A-Team and absolutely made the show what it was. My favorite episode was when he was stuck in the mental hospital and screamed for trash bags for hours on end..."Trash bags! I need some tah-rash bags!"

Soup
Impress us by using a big word in a sentence.


Though I am loquacious, I still can't seem to discourse with my spouse.

Salad
What is something inanimate that you've given a name to (such as a pet rock)?


Around this house, all stuffed animals and dolls must be named. My DD just made a sock fish she named "Scrappy". I have a stuffed rat on my computer named "TipToe". We also have named the Monarch butterfly caterpillars outside (this may have been a bad idea, since they may not all survive): Bubba, Middie, Tiny, and Lost.

Main Course
What color would best represent your personality and why?


Don't have a clue. Really. Color affects me in many ways, but I don't think any one color would define me. Depends on the day and on my mood.

Dessert
Fill in the blanks: ____________ is so ____________.


The yellow jacket that stung me yesterday is so dead.
However, my leg where he stung me is so sore.
The house without the dog around is so strange.
Writing a book is so easy.
Writing a good book is so hard.

***************************************

Speaking of the dog, she'll be coming home at some point today. She made it through surgery fine, but at three o'clock they told me she was still "a little loopy" - the latest in scientific terminology.

At some point I plan to humiliate her by taking pictures. I'll post one or two of them here. I may not get her back until afternoon, however, so it may not happen until tomorrow.

Maybe I'll be able to write today, now that I'm not quite so worried...

8 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Your salad and main course is filling.
My feast is up too.

Ceri Hebert said...

Hey! I loved the A Team! Of course Face was my favorite because he was so goodlooking. Fell for him as Starbuck (I don't know how the remake can make Starbuck a woman) on Battlestar Galactica. But Murdock was a hoot!

Glad your dog is coming home today. My daughter didn't appreciate us taking pictures of here foot after she had her stitches (14). I didn't post them on the internet though. It still gives me a chill looking at them tho.

Okay, I think I'm off to post in my blog, not that I have anything interesting to say. :)

bvoqz-bees vibrate overtly quickly zipping

Melli said...

LOL! My daughter is probably aware of your appetizer! She LOVED that show -- I don't think I ever watched it.

I can relate to your soup though! And your dessert is delicious!

Wystful1 said...

Oh ya.....stuffed animals?!! Wow, I've got tons and never even thought of that.


My feasty snack is served!

Judy said...

Great news about the dog. I know you are relieved.

What a great idea for the "feast"... now I know what I can blog about today!

btw, we're not working today, so MAYBE I can get some writing done (she says, keeping her fingers crossed).

Unknown said...

Great dining! All courses were delicious.

Have a great Friday...my Feast is served.

Anonymous said...

I loved Murdoch!!!! All my stuffed animals have names, too. :)

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Underappreciated actor: Steve Buscemi, definitely. I love that he gets a lot of cartoon/kid show voice work. “Saw” him last weekend in Monster House.