Saturday, August 05, 2006

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream...

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. ~ Leo J. Burke

I slept on the couch last night... though "slept" might be too precise a term. My dog is used to sleeping with us, and will bark when left downstairs by herself at night. Currently, she can't take stairs and I'm simply unwilling to carry her up and down them. I figured sleeping on the couch (which is actually pretty comfortable) would be a good solution.

I didn't factor in two things:

1. She whines constantly. I don't know if she's in pain, if she's bored, if her right side is achy from laying on it, if she is hungry, has to pee, needs her diaper changed (okay, now I am exaggerating, but you get the point)... I even carried her outside at about 2 a.m. to see if that would quiet her down. It didn't.

2. My cat thought that I was a kitty mattress. She and my husband have a very uneasy truce, so she typically won't sleep with us. Not so when I'm alone on the couch. Then I am fair game. I was nudged, licked, laid on, kneaded....

So, when I woke up got up this morning, I was so exhausted I couldn't think of what to write here.

I considered writing about something that has people up in arms currently, but wasn't sure I could make myself understood on so controversial a subject, so it will have to wait until I've had more that three hours of fitful sleep.

I am hoping to write today. I haven't been able to concentrate at all the past couple of days, but perhaps today will be better. It's frustrating, because I was really flying there for a while and now I've lost momentum. Such is life, I suppose.

Here's to another day... hope yours is a good one!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so sorry you had a miserable night. There's nothing worse, imho, or not much anyway! Here's hoping things will get better (and maybe you can grab you a nap... I know, I know... "yeah, right!" I can hear you now).

I think I have had a breakthrough with Fiona. We'll see how it goes.

Judy said...

I was wondering what controversial subject I'd missed out on this time and then I hopped over to SB and found out. Oy Vey! I think I'll go talk about Fiona on MY blog!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on the lousy night. But you're a good pet mommy. :)