Thursday, August 03, 2006

Doggie Surgery

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~ Roger Caras

My dog goes in for surgery today. The thought of it kept me awake half the night, and when I did sleep I dreamed about it. How do people face stuff like this for their human children? I can't imagine.

In any case, this whole ordeal has pretty much erased all else from my mind, so that's it for blogging today.

I bring her to doggie doc this morning at seven-thirty, and I can't have her back until Friday afternoon. She has a Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture and will have to be confined and kept still for a couple of weeks. Poor puppy.

Actually, one of my concerns is that she's NOT a puppy -- she'll be ten y.o. in October, so she won't heal as fast. I'm not looking forward to her looking at me, in pain, and "mommy, fix it" and I can't do anything but give it time.

So here's to Bailey... the best dog ever:

2 comments:

Charity Tahmaseb said...

I'm thinking of both of you today and sending warm, healing thoughts Bailey's way.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I hope Bailey's surgery goes well. And you take care of yourself, okay?