Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yay For Me!

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes

Some time ago, I submitted a longish short story to the Wild Rose Press. Yesterday, I got my contract from them for it! Yay!

It's due to be released in November and I can't wait to see it up there. The only thing I'm not having fun with is writing my author bio and (UGH) having to submit a picture.

I got all dolled up yesterday and took some photos, and realized when I viewed them that I'm not twenty anymore. I have lines. And spots. And enormous bags under my eyes. I need more makeup -- maybe the pancake kind they use on stage - and a professional photographer who can retouch the photo. Or maybe I'll take one of somebody else and submit it... they'd never know!

I remember my mother and my MIL telling me that they were always a little surprised when they looked in the mirror -- who is that old woman? Inside, I think we'll always be twenty.

So, I'm getting dolled up again today an putting on heavier makeup to try to play up my good points and downplay my bad (which have multiplied over the years). What a pain. Thank heavens for digital cameras.

6 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!

I'm hoping that I'll never have to have my pic taken. But I was thinking "Glamor Shots may work". Not having been to a mall in about 2 years I'm not even sure if Glamor Shots even exists anymore. I'll just have to submit a pic of me 11 years ago.

rppoafpn-really pathetic photos offend all fans paying nicely.

Judy said...

Ceri took the words out of my mouth. This is your professional authorial picture. A lot of times Glamour Shots have free offers. If you're concerned, I'd check them out.

Looking forward to seeing your story "in print" and seeing who you are. ;-)

Congratulations.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

You are perfectly lovely. And congrats again on the sale. Let us know when it's available to buy (yeah, I've read it, but I plan on buying it, too).

anno said...

Wow! This sounds so exciting--congratulations! Let that glow sink in, then have your picture taken.

I'm looking forward to seeing this story....

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Forgot. Maybe you could shape this experience into an article for T-Zero? Writers re-sell nonfiction more often than fiction. It might make a good craft/marketing article. Think about it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Getting old(er) sucks, doesn't it? It annoys me beyond belief. *g*