Monday, March 31, 2008

VERY cool contest....and some Rambling

An apocryphal story - the word "apocryphal" here means "obviously untrue" - tells of two people, long ago, who were very bored, and that instead of complaining about it they sat up all night and invented the game of chess so that everyone else in the world, on evenings when there is nothing to do, can also be bored by the perplexing and tedious game they invented. ~Lemony Snicket

Win Free Books!

See that banner? Do you see what it says? Yep... The Long and the Short of It is giving away a book a day, EVERY DAY in April, in conjunction with a review on the reviews blog. Most of them will be print romances in various genres, from random publishers. There may be the occasional eBook, but by and large, you'll be getting some great books to add to your keeper shelf. So stop by every day, leave a comment and see if you're lucky... are you feeling lucky? Well, are you? *G*

Please, feel free to spread the word to the world. The more, the merrier!

=============================

Spring has sprung, and you can't tell my DH any different.



Yes... yes that IS him in shorts on our riding mower on the "lawn". Next week, I'll post pictures of him washing the car in the driveway on Christmas.

Bet you think I'm kidding...

==============================

I worked on my HTML book again yesterday, and got myself utterly confused (or confuzzled, as I usually say) on the "going further with hypertext". So, I've decided I'm not going to organize my website into folders. So. There. That'll solve that problem. LOL... Actually, it could partly be the fact that I'm so incredibly tired my eyes were blurring. I'll try to understand it again when I'm feeling a little perkier.

I still love the book, though.

==============================

Tomorrow I'm interviewing an online friend about her latest release. She's a wicked talented author, folks, so you'll want to swing by!

===============================




Your Aura is Green



You're very driven, competitive, and even a bit jealous.

However, you seek out balance in your life - and you usually achieve it!

The purpose of your life: inspiring others to be better

Famous greens include: Tony Robbins, Donald Trump, Martha Stewart

Careers for you to try: Guru, CEO, Talk Show Host



That "inspiring people to be better" thing? My friends would probably call it "nagging"...LOL...

I wouldn't mind Tony Robbins' smarts, Donald Trump's money and Martha Stewart's house. But I don't want any of their jobs.

14 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Wicked talent, eh? :)

Sarita Leone said...

Love the snow mowing photo. Very funny. Great enthusiasm! We've got snow on our lawn, too, and I'm sick to death of it. But don't even get me started on the snow... Ugh.

Think spring, think spring, think -- my new mantra -- spring...

Judy said...

Terry Spear's up on my blog. Everyone go read!

My aura is blue.

Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.

The purpose of your life: showing love to other people

Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah

Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor


Lianne Lopes said...

Well goodness. Go away (not literally...just from online stuff) for a weekend and miss out on alot! I didn't blog over the weekend, so I didn't read. And today I come back and find you've been busy. :) Loved the pic of your DH's spring enthusiasm. lol. And to comment on one of your other posts...yes, I agree that "why not me too?" is way different from "why her/him?" It's natural to feel that, especially when it's about something you want for yourself as well. Been there. Done that.

Melissa McClone said...

That picture of your dh is hilarious! And so typical of many men I know ;)

Cool on the contest! I'll make a plug on my blog tomorrow with a link to LASR's blog.

Karen H said...

Cool contest...I'll be there!

Oh, I get it now...DH is short for DUH! What is he doing? Cut the snow down to size? Can't wait to see the pic of him washing the car on Christmas Day.

And I can't believe 1/4 of the year is gone already! Time flies when your having rum....er...fun!

Rebekah E. said...

My aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.

The purpose of your life: showing love to other people

Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah

Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

Melissa Blue said...

Mowing the snow? Your hubby sounds like a keeper.

Dru said...

LOL at dh. Snow and shorts don't mix.

When I was learning HTML, I did find the folders portion confusing. I figured since it's only a hobby for me, it wasn't worth understanding it better. Good luck and if you can figure it out in a simplier way, perhaps you'll tell me.

Your Aura is Blue

Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.

The purpose of your life: showing love to other people

Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah

Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

Dena said...

I was complaining about our very weird snowfall this late in the year and seeing what you have I'm happy of what we had. I see why you want to move. Love the dh pics.
My aura was blue

Brandy said...

Your Dh is hilarious. Why are men so weird? *G*

My Aura is Blue.

Have a good day and sorry about the snow!

Jen said...

That picture made my day!

groovyoldlady said...

The mowing pic is great. I have one I need to scan and post of Mulletman back a million years ago when we lived in a condo in Franklin, NH. He had a motorcycle and didn't want it to be outside in the snow all winter, so he brought it INSIDE the apartment and parked it in the pantry...oh yes, he did!

Apparently maryf is "from away" or she'd be more familiar with the local use of "wicked" to mean anything from "very" to "stupendously awesome".

Marianne Arkins said...

Yep, Mary... wicked talented *G*

Sarita, most of my readers seem to be a bit further south and I'm terribly jealous. I appreciate your sharing of my general sickeness of snow. Did a sun dance today... didn't seem to help.

Judy, I visited Terry! Great post.

Hi Lianne... I purposely waited until you were offline to talk about interesting stuff *G*

Thanks, Melissa!! My DH is a goofball.

Karen... my DH refuses to let weather affect his behavior. He's a dork...er... lovely man *G*

Mel, yep...I'm keeping him :-)

Dru... let's do a house swap!!

Dena, yep... I'm all done with winter. But Mother nature doesn't seem to agree.

Brandy, yep. DH is a nut! LOL...

Jen, glad I could make you smile.

Groovy, bet it was snowing worse up your way. UGH... and yep, Mary is from Texas. They don't use wicked like we do!!