Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sharing Sunday

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty

Because I am tired and have nothing in my brain, I give you: PICTURES!!

Dakota and her friend, Bugsy had a playdate (note how little snow is on my front lawn at that time):


DD went exploring in the woods behind our house and took these photos (among MANY others):





The dog really DID eat her homework:



But, that's okay, she's still cute -- and look how she's grown!



And, yesterday we began the process of changing this:



Into this:



What have you been up to this week?

=============================

From Melissa's blog yesterday:



Your Lucky Underwear is Purple



Dreamy and idealistic, you envision great things for your life. Your lucky purple underwear can make those dreams come true!

You're a busy little butterfly. You have the most projects, interests, and friends of anyone you know.

You also have a flair for the dramatic. Sometimes too much drama comes in to your life and brings things to a stop.

If you want to focus more, and flutter less, put on your purple underpants. They'll help you get the important things done.



Mostly, that's pretty close... guess I'd better go out and get me some purple undies -- but not those boy short kind in the picture. I prefer panties that stay OUT of my crack, thank you very much. TMI?

12 comments:

Jen said...

Great pics, and the woods behind your house are lovely!

Dru said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your DD is becoming quite the photographer. Look at the snow you have behind your house.

Kewl, you're doing your floors. Is that hardwood? The new flooring is going to look beautiful next to the fireplace.

I did the quiz on Melissa's site and my lucky underwear color is blue.

Have a good Sunday.

Diane Craver said...

Your pictures are wonderful.

This week I took Em back to college, spent time with Amanda and Sara (on break), made notes on new book which I hope will be my breakout book and cutting a short story down to submit to LASR. What else did I do? Oh yeah, took the girls to National Treasure 2.

And I had the best week on my blog with 6 terrific authors and you were one of them! Thanks for a great interview, Marianne! I have over 100 comments so think it was productive and hopefully, picked up some new readers for the authors.

Diane Craver said...

Just did the quiz - my color is red.

You're confident and bold, and your lucky red underwear will only make you more sure of yourself.
You have a great zest for life, and you tend to take on impossible goals - and succeed.

Karen H said...

Pictures are great. Nothing going on here today. Weather is cool at 42 degress (feels like 36) & overcast. Just started reading 'The Heir and the Spare' by Maya Rodale. Just finished reading 'Murder on Nob Hill' by Shirley Tallman and it was very good.

Melissa McClone said...

Cool pictures!!!

Enjoy the purple underwear ;)

Marianne Arkins said...

Thanks for the comments, all. We're so blessed to have those woods behind our house. A developer does own them, but has yet to get permission to mess with the wetlands in the way he wants to. Also, with the cost of housing down, he may not be able to make a profit, so for now? We get nature walks :-)

Karen, I'd LOVE for it to be 42 here. We aren't getting out of the 20s today. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the wood floors. I love wood floors! It looks like you're using pre-finished? What kind are you using?

It's 32-degrees outside. Forecast for more snow/rain mixture.

Which is why I'm sending the boys to take Indy on her "long" morning walk.

Anonymous said...

I wanted purple undies! I got red. Hmph! *g*

Dakota is growing so much!!!

Marianne Arkins said...

Amy, we bought "rustic" seconds from Big Jim's *G*. This means they are shorter and sometimes have knots in them. We don't have a problem with that...especially since it's half the cost! I love them...we almost finished the living room today.

Tori, LOL on the undies! And, yes... Dakota is HUGE.

groovyoldlady said...

Oooo. Cute dog, pretty woods, and nifty neato cool floor.

I, too, am a purple undies girl although I would NEVER wear the ones in that pic. Can anyone say "wedgies"? Ugh!

Brandy said...

The pictures are fantastic! DD did a good job on them!
I know you don't want to hear this, but as someone who lives where we don't get much snow, the snow is lovely. DON'T SMACK ME! *G*

The floors look absolutley GORGEOUS! We want to do that next year. Our carpet is sad, very sad.

As for the undies quiz, I hear you on the style! I took this yesterday at Melissa's and I should have blue undies. Um, yeah, I'll get right on that. *g*

Have a great sunday!