Thursday, March 06, 2008

I forgot!

Two things....

One: Dru emailed me last night and said she wanted to gift me with her latest quilt, entitled "Blue Notes".



Isn't it LOVELY?

I really love blue and yellow together. My spare bedroom is done is blue and yellow, and my new office is yellow. I'm going to hang it in my office... It's going to look amazing.

I told her that I felt like I should graciously decline such a generous gift, but that I wasn't gracious! LOL...

So, thanks again, Dru!

========================

Two: "Don't Fence Me In" was reviewed at Dear Author. I nearly peed my pants. Actually, I nearly threw up when I saw the link on my Google alerts. I didn't want to press the mouse button.

It was a good news, bad news kind of review. The good news? It seemed that she liked my writing style and might be interested in reading something else I've written. The bad news? She didn't feel the love... And, actually I was rather glad she mentioned that because I'm wondering if that's the reason for the "meh" reviews on Fictionwise.

In any case, I made it through without vomiting. And I wonder if I should send them something else to review. For those of you who have read my stuff, what would you suggest I send? What is your fave of my stories?

6 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Lucky you, to have Dru's lovely quilt hanging in your office! How wonderful. :)

Congrats on the Dear Author review!

And one of my personal favorites is Now That We've Found You. I just finished it and loved it. There's no way not to feel the love in that one. :)

Melissa Blue said...

Congrats on not throwing up!

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, you are so lucky to get that quilt. Not that I can complain. I have the most adorable cat one from her! One of my favorite things!

Enjoy yours!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely thing for Dru to do! You lucky girl!!! :)

Dru said...

I hope you enjoy it.

You'll have to take a picture of the quilt on the wall for me.

Brandy said...

YAY! Blue Notes has a home! Dru makes the most beuatiful quilts. My kids love the one she made and gifted us.

Have a good day!