Thursday, March 06, 2008

No Booking It

A library is a hospital for the mind. - Anonymous

Well... I was going to do "Booking it Through Thursday" but the meme isn't up yet, so I guess I'm on my own. Frustrating, since I hadn't give today's post much thought.

Tomorrow I'm having a weeklong blog party catered by Five Minutes For Mom. I've never had a blog party before. I don't know what I'm doing or if I should offer refreshments... but, hey. You're all invited.

========================

I am going to be two places for my virtual tour today. I'm a guest blogger at Michelle Pillow's blog (I think I actually wrote a blog post that was cohesive, didn't wander and makes sense!), and I'm at Erotic Muses.

Come by and visit!

========================

I wrote yesterday. In fact, I wrote more than I thought I would. At first it was tough, but I just kept on going. I was determined to get my 1000 words in. Of course, I'd write, then hit the word count, sigh and write some more. But...the scene took an unexpected turn! Gunshots were fired! A horse was wounded! Another one ran away with its rider!

LOL... at that point, I couldn't write fast enough. And, I ended up with just over 1600 words for the day. I wasn't ready to quit, but alas, I do have other responsibilites.

I've been a beta reader for one of my friends, Allie Boniface. She's an amazing writer, and one of the things she does that stands out to me is to find small details... little things that most of us would overlook, and then add them to the scene for color. It's amazing to me and really makes her writing rich and interesting. I'm in awe. And I want to really focus on trying to do the same thing. It sounds simple, but you don't want to drone on and on, just add a touch here, and a pinch there.

It's given me something to strive for as I go back over "Return to Stiller Creek" -- after I finish it, of course.

Now, I just wish I knew where I was going to submit it. **sigh**

=========================

It RAINED for most of the day, yesterday. I was thrilled. I've never been so happy to see rain in all my life...but it was warm (40 or so) and it MELTED SNOW. Not all the snow. Not even half the snow. But some. And, I'll take what I can get.

=========================




You Are a Crossword Puzzle



You are well read, and you have a good head for remembering facts.

You are a wordsmith. You have a way with words, and you're very literate.

You are a mysterious person who enjoys dropping little clues every now and then.

9 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

Hooray on the 1600 words! And thanks for the kind words ;)

Ceri Hebert said...

Congrats on the words! I love making good progress on a story!

And the rain was such a beautiful thing! Got more of the same coming this Friday and Saturday. We may float away, but at least the snow will disappear.

anno said...

Wonderful progress! Enjoy your rain -- maybe you'll be starting those burpless baby cucumbers sooner than you thought!

anno said...

For the record, I am also a crossword puzzle.

Dru said...

WTG on the 1600 word count. You are on a roll.

I'm also a crossword puzzle.

Anonymous said...

I'm a crossword puzzle, too.

Brandy said...

See? You did it, and even did yourself one better and kept going! Good Going!
I'm a crossword puzzle, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by the blog!!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you're getting in some good writing time again!