Sunday, March 02, 2008

This and That

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

It's so cool: it's getting light before 6 a.m. now!!! Yay! Of course, the sunrise reflected off of all that snow out there helps.

Urgh.

We have so much snow around that most people's mailboxes are buried--you'll see these enormous snowbanks in front of their houses, and a little mailbox front showing. Hope they never have to mail anything out, because they sure as heck can't find their flag. It's just crazy.

Hey... My interview with Dee Knight went out in her newsletter yesterday, but here's a link to it. Dee is very sweet and gracious, and I'm indebted to her for including me.

I'm nowhere for the next few days but HERE... sigh... I have a few openings left on my virtual tour. Anyone want to host me? I'm a neat guest, I wipe my feet and clean up after myself... :-)

==============================

My first guest blogger will be here on Wednesday. I'm excited!! If you want to visit here on Wednesday's, go here for more information. I'd sure love to fill up the entire year's schedule and not have to worry about it.

===============================

Congratulations to last month's contest winner: Cindi Hoppes!!!

Remember, I started a new, identical, contest for 3/1 - 3/14, so go enter :-)

===============================

I really don't have much else mind-boggling to say. I worked like a dog on the LASR website yesterday. For some reason, nothing went easily on anything I did, and I still have a ton of work to do.

Dakota is getting bigger, and she's still a pill. Yesterday morning, she found a pair of DD's socks somewhere on the floor, grabbed them and started trotting around the house. It's funny, she knows she's not supposed to do that, so her ears and tail are down and she just trots and trots and won't settle. She's really good about coming to me and giving them up, but she still DOES it, which is frustrating. She's also good about coming over and letting me dig stuff out of her mouth. If I see her pick something up, I'll just say, "Dakota, what are you eating?" and her ears go down and she trots over and sits in front of me. But she still DOES it.

I don't get it.

================================

For the record, DD's ladybugs are still alive. It's amazing. I also have this spider in a web in the corner of my ceiling in the stairwell out to the back door. He's not going to find anything to eat (though I've been looking for something to feed the poor guy). Every morning when I take Dakota out, I look up and ... there he is. I wonder how long they can live without eating?

My blog is just oozing with bug love.

=================================




Your Values Profile



Loyalty:

You value loyalty a fair amount. You're loyal to your friends... to a point. But if they cross you, you will reconsider your loyalties. Staying true to others is important to you, but you also stay true to yourself.

Honesty:

You value honesty a fair amount. You're honest when you can be, but you aren't a stickler for it. If a little white lie will make a situation more comfortable, you'll go for it. In the end, you mostly care about "situational integrity."

Generosity:

You value generosity highly. So much so that you often put your own needs last. There's nothing wrong with having a caring heart... But you may want to rethink your "open wallet" policy.

Humility:

You don't really value humility. You don't have much to be humble about! And you might as well promote yourself, because no one else will. You're a pretty special person, and you let everyone know it.

Tolerance:

You value tolerance a fair amount. You are open to new cultures, beliefs, and ideas. You have very few prejudices that you're aware of. And while you are tolerant, you do stand true to what you believe.



So, except for the fact I'm conceited, I'm a pretty decent person! LOL...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dogs are very strange. *g*

And apparently I have no values. LOL!

Jen said...

I'm excited about your visit Weds.! Since I also do What's Cooking Wednesday on that day, usually, I'm going to make a special One Love for Liv recipe to go with your interview! (But not salmon in a dishwasher... sorry!)

Brandy said...

See, that is why I have cats. Cats who are strange, but still. No doggy slobbered socks for me! *G*
My scores were about where I thought they would be on your quiz. Although it told me to rethink my "open wallet" policy. Weird.
Have a good evening!

Melissa McClone said...

I love cats, but I really do want to get a dog even if they are silly, slobbery creatures. They bark and with a traveling spouse I'd feel better when he's gone!

groovyoldlady said...

Nice interview. But next time wipe off the chocolate mustache first.

(Pay no attention to Groovy. She has the flu and is delirious.)