Thursday, March 06, 2008

Friday's Feast on Thursday

I would like to find a stew that will give me heartburn immediately, instead of at three o'clock in the morning. ~John Barrymore

Please note: I'm doing this post tonight, because I'm having a blog party tomorrow, and won't be posting a "normal" post then. Hey, BTW, have you entered the contest over at LASR for $100 worth of gift certificates -- including Amazon.com and Fictionwise. Just wondered. If you haven't...why the heck not?

Now. Moving on to the Friday Feast:


Appetizer

If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be

Nora Roberts! I'd love to borrow her brain for a week. Or, maybe Stephen King. Same reason. OR.. OR... Donald Maass! Yes!! Think how much I could grow as a writer.

I'll be honest and say that my first thought was to say the wife of some really hot actor, but I couldn't think of any really hot actor... and, OMG, how sad is that? Can you tell I watch almost no TV or movies?

Soup

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?


Maybe five? I can talk all day in person with someone, but on the phone? It's like you're seriously pressured to talk... and there's nothing like HAVING to talk to make me have absolutely nothing to say.

Salad

Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).


Salvation Army -- I love, Love, LOVE that the guy who runs it makes almost no money. He's below poverty level. Unlike the chick who runs the Red Cross, or nearly any other organization. I mean, I know it takes a lot to run something that huge, but you're literally taking food out of the mouths of babies.

Main Course

What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?


Oh... this one is easy: Peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Yes, really.

Dessert

Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?


I do NOT want to answer this. This is borrowing trouble, seriously. Any time I've said I haven't "X", it's happened. When I was little, I bragged about never having broken a bone and just a couple days later my horse threw me and I broke my wrist. I do NOT like to tempt fate. So... whispers... no. runs and knocks wood REALLY hard.

==========================

Friday, I'm being interviewed at Much Cheaper Than Therapy -- PLEASE come visit me. I hate to be alone.

==========================






Which famous author/poet are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as William Shakespeare

You are most like William Shakespeare, considered to be the greatest writer in English. Mystery surrounds his life, but scholars know he had a wife and family, who was not around much because he was in London writing and directing plays at the famous Globe Theater, where he produced plays that everyone of any background could enjoy. His sonnets show his mastery of style. His plays show his insight into human nature, as he has created some of the greatest characters in all of literature. His works are too many to list, but some include "Hamlet," "MacBeth" and "Twelfth Night."


William Shakespeare


71%

Walt Whitman


63%

James Joyce


50%

Ernest Hemingway


42%

Edgar Allen Poe


29%




I love Mr. Bill...

17 comments:

Natalie said...

I just knocked on wood for you too so you don't get sick.

Judy said...

Happy Friday! Too funny how similar some of our answers are :-)

See you at the blog psrty!

Have a great weekend.

Melody said...

Great feast! Oh, I didn't think of Nora Roberts!!

And I'm with you for the dessert question, I'm "superstitious" too, hehe...

Anonymous said...

Great pick on the writers :) for some reason I don't think of them as celebrities... might be because I actually like writers.

Gabriel said...

LOL. That was a funny dessert.

Please come visit my feast. Happy FF!

Anonymous said...

I like your appetizer. I didn't think of a writer but their many that I admire.

Knocking on wood for you.

I had the flu so it's over and done with for this year!

Anonymous said...

Knocking on woods for you;) Great feast!

Becky said...

Great Feast and later on this afternoon (stateside time) I'll pop on over to read your interview.

Happy Feasting.

Sarita Leone said...

Love today's quiz. I'm going to have to do that one. Wonder who I am? Hmm...

Smile every time I see PB&Js. :)

Have a great weekend.

Heading over to read your guest spot right now!

Melanie said...

I had to knock on wood when I answered the dessert too. I hate questions like that. Several months ago I said, "I'm so glad my toddler is sleeping better at night." Well, I guess you know what happened.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a nice feast. Happy feasting...

Dru said...

Have you ever had PB&J on toast. It is yummy.

I'm also William Shakespeare.

Marsha said...

Nice feast and (whispering here) hoping the flu doesn't strike!

Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

I love Mr. Bill, too! ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm knocking on wood for you.

Great feast, Shakespeare!

Thanks for visiting me.

Shan said...

I answered the same way with dessert. Just two days ago I said "looks like the snow is done for the season" and today we are getting a blizzard (yes, literally a blizzard). Me and my big mouth!

Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.