Tuesday, March 18, 2008

'til Tuesday

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before and he does it without destroying something else. - John Updike

I was gabbing with a friend yesterday and the group 'til Tuesday came up in conversation (she'd actually seen them in concert, opening for Hall and Oates, which strikes me as an odd pairing). Anyway, remember them? I have their album on vinyl, lol.

So, I feel like I've been rambling lately on this blog...muttering about this and that and not making a whole lot of sense. If you like that--you're in luck! I'm most likely going to do it again today *G*.

My DH worked from 8 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. (Yes... really...) yesterday (today?), and will be sleeping until he wakes up today. What this means is, our school schedule will be non-existent (you have to walk through the master bedroom to get to the schoolroom), and I'm not even certain about the rest of the day. Will he still go in to work (he commutes quite a long distance) or will he work from home? Will I pull my hair out from a lack of routine?

Poor DH. He worked all weekend, as well, and I don't think things are getting any better.

I'm late posting this morning because I let myself sleep until 5 a.m. -- the dear doggy had me up and down all night because she once again has loose bowels. TMI? I wonder if she's lactose intolerant. Judy asked me this yesterday because the only thing out of the ordinary that she ate was a piece of cheese at the veterinarian's office (used to entice her onto that scary scale). The last time she had this problem, I'd given her a little plain yogurt (she'd been on a course of anti-biotics, and I was trying to reintroduce some probiotics back into her system). I'm going to check the ingredients on the puppy food that was giving her the runs and see if there is any dairy in there. It would be good to know.

==============================

DD, in listening to my woes about not having enough reviewers at the Long and the Short of It, secretly made me a poster. What do you think (wrong URL aside):



She's very, very right... we do need help! Want to review some books? *G*

===============================

Did you see my new contest? If you DON'T want to be included in the drawing, but still want to say howdy in the comments, just let me know (once is fine, I'll make a note of it) and I'll exclude you. But, hey--I'm giving away some great books, so why WOULDN'T you want to be included?

================================

And, *sigh*, no writing was done yesterday. You don't want to know what my day was like. Aside from having to take the dog out every fifteen minutes, DD is learning how to subtract mixed fractions by using borrowing AND dividing really big numbers, so she was up and down every five minutes while doing her seatwork. We did not have a moment of peace.

Color me frustrated.

BUT... DH is sleeping in. Perhaps DD will sleep in (she was up late last night--said she was wide awake and couldn't sleep) and the moment I finish up this post, I will open up my document and WRITE SOMETHING.

=================================




Your Nail Polish Color is Red



How you're unique: You have an incredible eye for style and art

Why your style rocks: You are classic and classy - and that's hot!

What this color says about you: "I'm smart, sassy, and sexy. And I know it."



RED? I've never worn red nail polish in my life, except that one time when the SF 49ers were in the Superbowl, and I was working as a cocktail waitress in the bar. I had on my RED jersey, RED lipstick, and RED nail polish. They won. That will tell you how long ago this happened! LOL...

16 comments:

Jen said...

Let's both hope for some good writing time today! I hope DD sleeps in for you!

anno said...

Oh, man, what a day (and night)! I hope things are better for you today.

Judy said...

Here's hoping everyone sleeps late late late. Love the poster! She's a great girl.

Karen H said...

"she was wide awake and couldn't sleep" ??? probably all of those fractions running around in her head. The thought of that would give me nightmares. (I'm not a math person)

Hope the day from hell is over and done with and today will be better for you.

Dru said...

:::Sending your good luck writing vibes:::

I hope today is a much better day.

I got red nail polish too. Don't like the look of red on my nails very much.

groovyoldlady said...

I took the girls out yesterday to run some errands and it is apparent that Silly-Head is still sick. She fell asleep in the car around 6:15 and slept right through 'til 8am this morning when we woke her up!

No writing here although I'll get my guest post cranked out sometime before the weekend. That topic you gave me is tough and I've been mulling and mulling. We're moving my mom tomorrow.

Ugh.

I have about 1/2 my usual energy quotient and Mulletman is even worse.

Curse the influenza!

Rebekah E. said...

I like the nail polish thing. My color is black:

How you're unique: There's nothing about you that isn't unique

Why your style rocks: You are a total indie chick... and you can pull it off

What this color says about you: "I'm a trendsetter and don't care what anyone else is doing!"

Very interesting!

Brandy said...

I hope you are able to write today. And that your Dauaghter sleeps in! *G*
I don't paint my fingernails, unless it's clear. My toes are another matter (I want to look nice in Yoga) and I have been known to go for the red it says I use! *G*

Have a good day!

Melissa McClone said...

I can't believe you consider 5 am sleeping in. Yikes!

Your Nail Polish Color is Pink

How you're unique: You're girly without being high maintenance

Why your style rocks: You're the perfect blend of stylish, preppy, and cute

What this color says about you: "I am secure enough not to follow every trend"

Fits pretty well.

Anonymous said...

Mostly what I remember about 'til Tuesday is Aimee Mann's weird hair. *g*

And oddly, I got Red Nail Polish, too. What's up with that?!

Allie Boniface said...

Oh, I love the poster! Tell DD I said so :)

Megan said...

I love those blog quizzes, I think they are hilarious. I am black too like someone above so I won't bother repeating what that says about me. :) I think you daughter has a future in design! Better than I could do without a computer.

Ceri Hebert said...

Great sign! I hope it helps.

My house is in chaos too with all the sick people inside it. I just want people to be healthy. DH stayed home last night. Threw me off schedule completely.

Hope Dakota is feeling better. Lactose intolerant? Didn't know dogs could have that.

Dena said...

I hope everything is getting back to a scheldule for you. I feel so bad for you and poor Dakota. I hope you figure out what's causing her problems. It sucks when you don't know. I wanted to home school my daughter,I wish now that I had.

Unknown said...

I'm red nail polish also

Caffey said...

Hi Marianne! Yep love to be in the contest (both books sound great and love to play for Ceri's book) and i'm having fun being a part of it here too! I haven't had the joy to read your books but I'll change that soon :)

Cute on the sign! Your daughter is an artist! She has the great color and blends, tell her I said so!

I hope your days get better and your hubby's too so things go back to the usual at home :)

My nail polish was pink! Love these quizzes!