Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Cuties, Words, and Dog Whispering

It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor. ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

I'm being interviewed at Groovy's today -- if you only check out one interview, you should read this. Groovy was a little silly in her questions (for which I was eternally grateful), and also made me write a story with elements she provided! Come by and visit!

===========================

As a follow-up to yesterday's post:

I don't particularly think Keith Urban is hot. I just think he's hotter than Billy Currington. I used them to explain why I don't get what many women think is hot. If I had to choose some hot country music guys? I'd go with these:

Josh Turner... yummmmmmm.....



Rodney Atkins... man, he has the cutest grin!



Brad Paisley... cute and he cracks me up.



And, for timeless good looks, it has to be Alan Jackson. The man just gets better looking the older he gets -- he's the Sean Connery of country music.



=========================

I wrote yesterday. Only about 650 words... but hey, I'll take all the words I can get. I'm sort of stuck because I can't decide if I want to have the villain die or not. This person is very, very bad but...hmmm... GAH. I think it will seriously mess with the heroine's psyche if the villain dies, but OTOH, maybe it'll give closure, or...

Oh well, I'll figure it out. Hopefully today. I'd like to get more words.

==========================

Yesterday, DD and I were inspired by the relatively nice weather (sunny, dry -- but 30 degrees and windy, brrr...) to see if The Dog Whisperer's advice about exercise really does help your dog behave.

I want to train her to run with a scooter or bicycle. When Bailey was young and peppy, we used to take her out running with the bike. After a while, it got so we didn't have to leash her, she'd just run alongside. And, when she was older and arthritic, she still wanted to go and would bark and bark and bark when we went riding without her.

So, I put Dakota on her leash (she's stubborn as heck and doesn't like to leash train, so I use a dual collar--pinch and a Gentle Leader) and hopped on the DD's scooter. It was interesting, to say the least, but once she got over being scared of it and then trying to bite it, it went pretty well. After running her down to the loop (the end of the cul-de-sac) and back to my house, she was a little bit tired. Then we did leash training. And she was better.

We did this twice yesterday, and she was a MUCH better doggy. We'll do it again today. Thank you, Dog Whisperer.

========================




Your Hawaiian Name is:



Leilani Roselani




I'm okay with that...

7 comments:

Melissa Blue said...

he's the Sean Connery of country music.
LMAO! But the man is handsome.

Anonymous said...

I think exercise makes any creature behave better. I know I'm in a better mood if I take a walk in the mornings.

We may be getting a dog, too, so I suspect we'll all spend a lot more time outside.

Melissa McClone said...

Your Hawaiian Name is:

Kiana Akela

Brad Paisley and Alan Jackson are both very attractive, IMHO.

Brandy said...

Brad Paisley is cute, and I don't even listen to country music. *g*
Good luck with your decision about the villian and WTG on writing yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I love Brad Paisley, too! I especially love his silly songs. :)

Your Hawaiian Name is:

Kiele Nalani

Dru said...

I like Brad Pailsey. Isn't he married to the girl on According to Jim?

My Hawaiian Name is:

Kai Lana

Ceri Hebert said...

Josh Turner has a voice to match his face... both gorgeous! But where's Blake Shelton? I think he's adorable! Not so much a Billy Currington fan either. And of course George Canyon... no one seems to know him.

Sorry... I really need to get to work. I'm drooling over celebrities to much.