Friday, March 07, 2008

The Ultimate Blog Party 2008!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008


So... WOOT! It's time to Par-Tay, mingle and make new friends. Go put on your best duds and your party shoes and check out Five Minutes For Mom for a ton of fun, people and prizes.

I have to admit to being a little nervous about having all of y'all here at my blog, but I'll try to show you a good time. Look! Balloons!




So... moving on: Let me introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.

* I'm a homeschooling, writing, romance reviews site owning wife and mom.

* Last November, I lost my dog of eleven years to bone cancer. Isn't she lovely? I still miss her to the point I cry when I think of her. 'scuse me while I get a Puffs...


* We decided a house wasn't a home without a dog, so got a puppy we named Dakota:


It seemed like a logical idea at the time. Since then, however, she's been renamed. She now answers to Demon Spawn. But we still love her.

* I currently live in New Hampshire, and am buried in near record-breaking snow.

* I'm a California native... so have thin blood, and the winters all but kill me.

* I write romance stories and novels. I had my first full length novel published last month and I'm still giddy! Here's the book trailer, if you're interested:



* I love, Love, LOVE peanut butter and jam sandwiches...especially with jam that is full of big chunks of fruit. I could eat PB&J for every meal, every day of every year and not get sick of them.

* I also have a cat who is NOT HAPPY with our recent puppy addition. She's quite a bit like this cat here:





* I'm a morning person. I am SERIOUSLY a morning person. I'm frequently awake before one of my reviewers... a night person who lives in the pacific time zone... goes to bed.

* I'm not afraid of spiders. Or rats. Or bats. Or things that go bump in the night. I am, however, afraid of heights and I refuse, absolutely REFUSE to walk over a sidewalk grate. I mean, sheesh, they could fall right into that big, dark, hole and then where would I be? Yanno, besides in the sewer.

* One of my friends calls me Fish:



Why? Because I have an... ahem... slightly sarcastic and not-so-nice attitude at times. Yeah. I know. Shocking.

* And, lastly, this is my humorscope:

A huge red balloon will float by you, today, being pursued by a small person of the French persuasion, and a film crew. If you wish to cause cross-cultural mirth, cross your eyes, talk in a high pitched voice, and whack yourself in the head with a baguette. Otherwise, don't.

What should I know about you? Leave me a comment, and I will do my utmost to come visit YOUR party.

Thanks for swinging by!

21 comments:

Judy said...

I'm first at the party...of course, not surprising since the rest of the world doesn't know it's up yet! :-)

Happy Party and wishes for many many common-taters.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you - you throw a lovely party, by the way - I am sorry about your dog. It's hard to lose such a good friend. But, the Demon Spawn is absolutely beautiful. Oh, and those cat videos - HYSTERICAL! I have both a dog and two cats. So, I can totally relate. Thank you so much for having us and enjoy the rest of your week!

You're welcome to join us at thisfullhouse.com

groovyoldlady said...

too sick to party.

But I did laugh at the cat videos - and then I coughed and coughed and coughed.

thanks.

Melanie said...

What a lovely party you've hosted here! It's too bad we all crashed 5 Minutes For Mom's site!

I am really enjoying your site though. It's been nice to meet you.

Stop by and visit my parties
Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Lianne Lopes said...

Hey! Happy Friday. :) Nice to know a few more interesting facts about you. We have alot in common.

Nice party. :) And thanks for being so faithful to my little blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marianne, those cat videos are priceless. Our cats are strictly indoors, but they do the "Let Me In" thing to our bedroom door--at four in the morning. I am not a morning person. Seriously, NOT. But this really made my Friday.

I am also a California girl living in a place with weather.

Hugs on Bailey. And the snow. I'm in the Pacific NW, and we've been getting our teaser weeks, sunny, upper 50s, low 60s...which means the spring rains, they are a-comin'. Bleah.

Julie Donahue said...

I'm another California girl who was transplanted (to NM). We aren't buried in snow, but we've been having snow every other day (with highs in the 80s in between.) Please stop by and visit me at my party post.

Anonymous said...

What a great party!

Your humorscope was a lot funnier than mine. :)

Brandy said...

Woo Hoo! Party! That's my party repretoire, I'm a wallflower. *g*

How is Demon Spawn lately? Still teething?
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those cat vids. With 7 of the boogers myself, I can relate. *g*

Have a great party, and day!

Unknown said...

Great layout! Had to find you through google , since 5minutes for mom site is down. I over the colors and pictures! My site has a disco going on, so come by and dont forget your dancing shoes!

Come visit me at http://palofmine.wordpress.com

Jen said...

I like this party idea - I may have to check it out if I can unbury myself from school obligations!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I can totally understand the puppy thing. I have been raising puppies for The Seeing Eye for 12 years, which means I have had a new puppy every year for the past 12 years! Thanks for the invite and oh, it's nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
We have two things in common - I am a writer too, and a cat person myself. Have some cat pics over at my party place right now!

Diane Craver said...

Your blog party brightened my mood. Love the balloons - nice touch. We are in the midst of a blizzard. We have several inches of snow and more is on the way. Everything is cancelled.

So thank you for making me smile!

Oh yeah, I love peanut butter, too.

Melissa McClone said...

Nice party, Marianne!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dogs!

Inviting you to Party With Me!

Win Chocolates:
http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Win a handmade pocket place mat:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Join me this month at A Cup of Joy for Missions Month:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

That Chick Over There said...

Those dogs are so beautiful and precious. I'm so sorry you lost one of them. :(

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you. Love your sarcastic humor. Happy blogging!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks for visiting my party. :)
i'm so sorry about your doggy. your new puppy is adorable.
i've been known to be a tad sarcastic myself. ;)

Anonymous said...

How about big flying cockroaches? The scare the bejeezes out of me! LOL!

Thanks for throwing such a great party. It was fun getting to know you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the dog. But I'm glad you have you Demon Spawn now. Nice to meet you.

Makimeji

Verb