Thursday, March 13, 2008

So Proud

Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music. ~William Stafford

Today there will be a review of "One Love For Liv" on Virtual Wordsmith. I'm nervous. GULP. Feel free to go over and check it out...I'll be visiting with one hand over my eyes.

============================

I have a good kid. I know, I know... we all think our kids are awesome. But mine is really a good kid. I could list all the wonderful things about her, but I won't bore you (it's a long list *G*). Most recently, though, she let her hair grow again to give it away for Locks Of Love.

This wouldn't be such a big deal except: she HATED having long hair. Hated it. But every time I suggested she get it cut, she refused. "I want to give away my hair for the children who don't have any," she'd say, and shove her hair back into a pony tail.

Finally, two days ago, we had it cut. It still wasn't quite long enough, so her hair is really short. But she didn't care. She wanted to make sure there was enough to send it, so she told the hair stylist to take off as much as was required.

So, before:



And, after:



I love when she does something that is a real sacrifice. Anyone can give money, but to give of oneself...there's a lesson in there. Yep, I'm kinda proud.

=====================

I only wrote about 100 words yesterday on my mystery. I got derailed by an idea for a short story, and jotted that down instead -- 1000 words worth. Sadly, the ending was lame, and it didn't work, at least not how it is currently. But, it may someday and so goes into my "not ready for submission" file. There's a lot of short stuff in there.

======================




You are a PC



You're practical, thrifty, and able to do almost anything.

Appearances and trends aren't important to you. You just like to get the job done.

11 comments:

Dru said...

That was so very nice of your DD. I love her cut. How does she like her new hair?

You still wrote 1,100 words, despite most being for another story. Wishing you good luck on your writing today.

You are a PC

You're practical, thrifty, and able to do almost anything.
Appearances and trends aren't important to you. You just like to get the job done.

Sarita Leone said...

I have goosebumps. Thanks to you and yours for beginning my day on such a high note. You're right; you've got a great kid there. :)

Judy said...

I'm in agreement here... your DD is one in a million. And, I'm a PC as well. :-)

Kara Lennox said...

Oh, what a lovely gesture! That's so sweet. I didn't even know you could donate hair.

Not that I have enough to donate! Even when it was long, I doubt I had enough.

Dena said...

Your Daughter is so sweet. I think it's amazing that at such a young age she went through all that discomfort to do something so generous and charitable.

I am donating my hair too. I have really long hair past my butt. I have wanted to cut my hair for a long time, since it was above my butt. Then I heard about people donating hair and thought that's what I would do. I didn't know how to go about it, so I looked it up on the computer and found Locks of Love. I probably have enough now for 2 donations maybe three. I just need to get myself to hairdresser so I can have some sort of a stlye after it's cut. Your daugter has inspired me to get off my lazy butt and get in done. Tell her thanks for me.

Melissa McClone said...

Haha. Not surprised one bit by my answer.

You Are a Mac

You are creative, stylish, and super trendy.
You demand the best - even if it costs an arm and a leg.

WTG for your daughter. Both of mine donated their hair to Locks for Love in September and can't wait to do it again.

Brandy said...

Your Daughter is a jewel. You have every right to be proud. *g*

As for the short story, you still wrote.

Have a good day and enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is a good kid. You're fully justified in being proud of her. :)

You Are a Mac

You are creative, stylish, and super trendy.
You demand the best - even if it costs an arm and a leg.


Whew! I was gonna have to kill myself if I came up as a PC. *g*

Melissa Blue said...

Oh, that is so sweet. Kids are so passionate at that age.

Dru said...

That was a good review over at Virtual Wordsmith.

anno said...

That was a lovely review over at Virtual Wordsmith.

And you have a wonderful daughter!

Hope you're enjoying some sunlight and warmth!