Monday, May 14, 2007

What Do You Do?

“The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.” - Sydney J. Harris

The other day, Charity wrote a blog post at The Wet Noodle Posse about what she does to relax... and it got me to thinking -- what do YOU do?

I love to weed. Most people think I'm a little crazy, but I really do enjoy it. There's something very satisfying about cleaning out the clutter in the garden and leaving the plants I love plenty of space to grow. I enjoy doing a thing that has a visual result -- where I can stand back and see that I've accomplished something. And, when I'm by myself weeding, my thoughts can drift. I get a lot of brainstorming done when I'm out in the garden. It's a good time for me.

So, what do you do to relax? Where's your best place to brainstorm?

========================

A quick aside: If you read "Miles From You", would you mind terribly going to the Wild Rose Press site and leaving a review? Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clean house when I'm stressed out and I usually sit outside just watching everything and everybody, go walking or just read a book. But during the nice weather I find it more relaxing being outside.

Alice said...

Hmmmm... I read?...

Besides that, I will do filing or some organizing of my papers (bills, bank statements, etc). They usually pile up for a month or two in my inbox, then I'll clean up whenever I'm in the mood for filing (in that month). Seeing that pile of papers disappear IS relaxing. Hehe...

Melissa McClone said...

I go for a walk or I lay in bed, turn on iTunes and just let my mind wander. Nothing too productive unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

I like to sit by the pool and bake (I know, it's sooo bad, but it feels good!), read, or watch one of my favorite movies.

Marianne Arkins said...

Kimberly, I clean house when I'm mad -- DH always knows to go away if I'm tearing around with a sponge! LOL...

Alice, doing something productive (like filing) can be relaxing, can't it?

Melissa, I have a hard time slowing down and lying still. I envy folks who can!

Marty, when I first read your comment I pictured you with a cake pan in your hand out by the pool. It took me awhile to figure out what you meant! LOL...

Thanks for playing, everyone.