Wednesday, May 09, 2007

WIN LOTS OF STUFF!

I'm celebrating my third release from The Wild Rose Press: "Miles From You" and YOU'RE the winner!

It's 1948, and thirty-four year-old diner owner Millie Townsend is well on the shelf. Millie's fallen hard for regular customer, Paul Whittier, a veteran of World War II and a civil engineer. When she discovers he's accepted a new job out of state and it's their last evening together, how can this ultra-shy spinster find the nerve to show she's interested in more than just friendship?
Miles From You has been released, and I want the world to know. So, I'm giving away a gift collection to one lucky person.

Earn entries for my special gift giveaway - drawing to be held Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 7 p.m., with the winner announced the following morning on this blog. The special prize package contains:

Your choice of either a Wild Rose Press Commuter Mug or a $5.00 Wild Rose Press gift certificate along with a bunch of goodies to pamper yourself: Avon Naturals raspberry shower gel, a 1/2 pound Hershey's Chocolate bar and a Harlequin Romance novel, plus a few other goodies I'll throw in.**
Multiple entries can be earned! How? It's easy:

1. Just leave a me a comment here and get one entry.

2. Every person who buys my latest story, "Miles From You", and emails me with the answer to the following question will earn one entry: To what city is Paul moving?

3 & 4. Folks who have purchased my previously released stories can earn extra entries by emailing me answers to the following questions:

In "Now That We've Found You", what does Duncan tell Melinda she could feed the brachiosaurus?

In "Tickle Fights and Barbecues" what is the type of rose bush Tina plants in her mother's memory?

5. Go to my website and email me the answer to this question: Where did I meet my husband?

6. Write a blog post to announce the release of "Miles For You". Just leave me a comment with the link to your blog and you'll earn another entry.

Not enough?

7. Tell everyone you know to come here and leave a comment -- if they mention your name, you get yet another entry!

What could be easier? Ready, set, ENTER!

** Please note that this contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada only -- if you are from outside these areas, you may still enter, but the only prize you can earn is the Wild Rose Press gift certificate. Thanks!

18 comments:

Judy said...

Yea! I'm first. I've linked to your site and promoted your release. Congratulations! I remember this story and loved it in its previous incarnation. I can hardly wait to see what you did with it now.

Emails coming soon ;-)

Allie Boniface said...

Congrats on your release! I've linked to you today to promote it!!

Alice said...

CONGRATS on your release, Marianne! I've also linked your site, along with my review on Tickle Fights and Barbecues. :)

anno said...

Congratulations! It's a great story, and my link to you is up!

Elle Fredrix said...

Congrats on your release!

Oh, and, you've been tagged! Check out my blog for the rules.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Congrats, congrats! I can't wait to get home and download the story tonight. This is so exciting. I'm telling you, pretty soon, you'll have enough stories for an anthology all your own.

Anonymous said...

Well, I got here through a link in Charity's blog. So I thought I'd leave a comment so she gets her extra entry. :)

Shauna said...

Alright, I'm entering this contest! I posted about "Miles From You" on my blog and here's the link...

http://shaunasturge.blogspot.com/

so that's entry #1.

Now for my joke and entry #2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYWptZ7hZhQ

Check out that link. It's sooo funny. Maybe because I live in a house with boys! LOL!

I'm also gearing up to answer all your questions. I just need to download your new story. I can't wait to read it! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your release! Love to see another vintage story :) Wishing you much success!

Alice said...

Just read your just-added Note #7 so here I am. LOL.

P/S: Will be posting the review for Miles From You soon. That's another good story! :)

Melody said...

Hi Marianne, congrats on your release!

Beth Caudill said...

Congrats on your release. :)


Beth

J said...

Hi Marianne, kewl contest! Tessa Bamberg sent me here.

I have two blogs so I blogged on both http://bratsweetnothings.blogspot.com
http://myspace.com/bratsweetnothings

Lynette said...

I've added you to my blog and mentioned your competition in my newsletter!

Lynette

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your release. Nice contest.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your release!

Nicole
ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

Rachelle said...

congrats on the release!


raeshylle [at]yahoo.com

Stacia said...

Looks like a great book!!! Congrats! I've mentioned your release on my blog as well - www.myspace.com/freddie7713