Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weird Dreams...

I mean the ones I have when I'm sleeping, not the ones I have of being published or winning the lotto.

Last night, I dreamed I was selected to play in the Olympics on the men's hockey team from Slovatkia. And, as I was standing in line to get autographs from the US men's hockey team, wearing my Slovatkian jersey, I was given all kinds of grief from them. I said, I'd have played for them, but they wouldn't have me.

There are so many things wrong with that, I hardly know where to start.

1. Um, I'm not a man.

2. I can barely keep on my feet when I ice skate.

3. I never have been, nor ever plan to go to Slovatkia.

4. Does Slovatkia even have a hockey team?

I wonder if this has anything to do with all the introspection I did yesterday? I worked on the "Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook", and the first question was "Who are your heroes?". I drew an absolute blank. Is that pitiful or what? I spent all day thinking... who the heck are my heroes, really? I finally fell back on writing down traits that I deeply admire.

Then, I got my Wishcraft book in the mail and started reading that. I put it down on the suggestion of "what is a color you like, and why?" and then went to sleep.

I keep coming back to green as a favorite color, but it doesn't work with my dream because the Slovatikian jersey's were red and white. I wonder if my subconsious is trying to tell me something?

Does anyone out there do dream analysis? Because I think I need serious help.

1 comment:

Ceri Hebert said...

Sorry, don't know anything about dream analysis, but I sure appreciate the chuckle your post gave me.

I'm going to hunt down that workbook. :)

I see you have links to Charlotte Dillon's pages. Do you belong to any of her Yahoo groups?

Have a great evening. Looks much nicer tonite than last night. No wind.