Saturday, March 18, 2006

No Such Thing As Too Much Chocolate

This is not my regular kind of post, but my daughter wanted to bake today using her children's Tupperware set I got for her last Christmas, so we made cookies.

These were - bar none - the best cookies EVER.

Um, provided you're a chocoholic.

I had to share the recipe. First, I'm posting the actual recipe, then I'll share the changes I made. Here you go:

DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE COOKIES

3/4 c butter
3/4 c white sugar
1/2 c packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 3/4 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.

3. Stir together the rest of the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips). Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until just blended. Stir in chips. Drop by heaping teaspoon onto ungreased cookies sheet.

4. Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely before eating.

Mmmmmm....

Now, in an effort to assuage my conscience and make these a tad bit healthier, I used half whole wheat flour and half quinoa flour (available at your natural food stores - I actually grind my own because it's less expensive). I also cut the butter to 1/2 cup and reduced the sugar. The cookies didn't suffer for the changes. I could eat myself sick on these -- they are absolutely the best chocolate cookies I've ever had. Ever.

Oh, we also made dog treats today... if anyone wants the recipe for Rocky's Roadhouse Munchies, let me know! I'll type it up when I come down from my sugar high.

No comments: