Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Submission Reply

"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." - George E. Woodberry

So...

I got up this morning and found a response in my email inbox to a submission I'd sent off last week.

I couldn't open it. I let it sit there while I opened up a new window and puttered around. I read the He Wrote, She Wrote blog from Jenny Crusie and Bob Mayer (I can't wait until Don't Look Down comes out next week! Woo Hoo!), I perused the news, checked all four of my email boxes, all the while kept coming back to that email.

It felt like my entire life depended on the acceptance of that little piece of fiction.

Finally, I opened it.

And it was a very polite note telling me that my piece had been received but that this editor was a bit behind and asked me to hang tight and rest assured that he would get to it soon.

All that panic and worry for nothing.

Not that it wasn't wonderful and thoughful for this editor to do that. It was. But now I'm going to have to relive this morning all over again at some point in the future.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for us both. I got the same note and there are a PILE of submissions this time around. Here's hoping we both get good news soon.

Ceri Hebert said...

My fingers remained crossed for you. Who's the publisher?

No, didn't get the link to the Maass group. Do you have my email? its ceriwilliams65@yahoo.com