Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thankful Tuesday

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton

First off: Dakota is fine! YAY!

The lump was more than likely caused by some sort of trauma (she plays ROUGH with her friends), and it has gone down dramatically to just a smooth pink owie. Thank heavens. The thought of cancer with another dog is more than I think any of us could handle. Reminds me of that movie (I think Holly Hunter was in it), where they whisper the word sitting around the dining table:

"Did you hear about (Uncle Joe)?"

::everyone shakes their heads::

((stage whisper)) "Cancer."

Anyway, thanks for your well wishes.

I dreamed about Bailey last night (and a train, oddly... maybe I need some analysis). I still miss her terribly. I got a birthday card in the mail for her from PetsMart (her 12th birthday would have been on the 15th), and it sort of threw me. I need to remember to mention that to them when I go to doggy obedience tomorrow.

==========================

Didn't get a lot of actual writing done yesterday -- DD was particularly needy, so I was up and down and up and down... and, I admit, I went to the "after book sale" at our library and came away with two big boxes of books -- apparently there aren't a lot of folks who like romance (except the ones who bought the books initially) because I scooped! And, when I'm done reading them, I'm shipping them off to my mom who puts them out at the local senior center.

Sadly, there weren't many children's books, so DD didn't do nearly as well.

===========================

Answering blog comments (because I can never remember to do so on the actual comments spot):

Groovy: I have no idea if "incent" is a real word, LOL. I've been using (and have heard it used) for years, but that doesn't mean anything. People say "snuck" (ACK, ACK, ACK), too.

Keri: What's "Boo at the zoo"? I imagine it has something to do with Halloween, but it sounds cute. Was just curious...

=============================

How did your Monday go? Am I the only person who enjoys that particular day?

=============================

10 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm so glad Dakota is fine! What a relief!

My Monday was hectic. At work it was hectic because 2 key people to my position were out so I had to pick up their slack, and my kids were all needy or chatty too.

Where do you put all your books? We have 3 book cases crammed full. Lots of kids books, series mostly. I don't have much room for more :(

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Keri Mikulski said...

So happy to hear Dakota is okay. :)

groovyoldlady said...

Hurray for Dakota!

I love Mondays - they're usually low-key and they're a fresh start on a new week.

Jen said...

I love Mondays because I get to teach! Yay!

My Monday was great at school, and long and exhausting when I got home... still dealing with mom trauma.

Today has been very peaceful and productive, though.

Brandy said...

I like Mondays! It's a return to routine for us. So glad to hear that Dakota is fine!

I hope you have a good day!

dogsrbest said...

glad to hear dakota is ok. i had a dog die from a brain tumor on halloween few years back. it's not easy.
any day is a good for reading or writing!
i have several bookcases and some still in boxes and...well ya get the idea! my kido thinks i have too many books, but imo yu can never have too many books!
peace
dogsrbest

Diane Craver said...

Glad to hear Dakota is fine. Sorry about missing Bailey - he was part of your life for a long time.

I like Mondays - nice to get started on a new week!

Dru said...

I'm so glad Dakota is okay. I know that is a load off your mind.

I like Mondays because I don't have to think what I'm doing for the weekend.

Amy said...

I love Mondays. I wish it was Monday every day.

So glad Dakota is okay!

==================================

Hey, guess what? After taking Indy to the vet Saturday, she gets to go back TOMORROW! Woohoo.

So you can tell hubs there are dogs who see the vet more than Dakota! ;)

Allie Boniface said...

Glad Dd is OK...