Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Morning Meme, Mums and More

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis



1.If your children are going trick-or-treating this year, what costumes are they wearing? Do you take them door-to-door or do you take them to a sponsored event? Tell us about the last time you dressed up for Halloween. How do you feel about Halloween in general?

We go out to dinner on Halloween -- we don't trick-or-treat, mostly because my DH and his family are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY against any form of celebrating Halloween and it's really just easier. The day after, we go to the store and buy tons of candy for half price, and when DD was younger, I used to buy her costumes for dress-up, too.

I think Halloween is an odd holiday, really, but otherwise don't much feel one way or the other.

2. Do your friends and family read your blog? How does this knowledge affect your writing? Do you feel like you can totally be yourself on your blog? Where do you draw the line when it comes to disclosing too much about your life on your blog?

Yes and yes. And, I am not totally myself on my blog, because it's not a personal blog, per se, but a blog for my writing. I never post pictures of anyone but me (well, and the dog and cat, but they told me I could). I don't use names of anyone in my family, and don't say what town I live in. I suppose folks could find all that stuff out if they really wanted to, but I'd like to protect my DD as much as possible.

I did post a picture of her once, a long time ago -- in her ballet costume, and got some slimy, sexually perverse and anonymous comments about it. That pretty much clinched it for me -- no pictures of DD again. Ever.

3. Are you an early bird or a night owl? What do you like to do in the early morning hours or late at night? How do your sleeping patterns affect the rest of your family?

I'm very much an early bird. The morning hours I work -- I write or blog or work on the LASR website. It's peaceful and calm and there are no interruptions (except for the cat, on occasion, if she needs food). How do my sleep patterns affect everyone else? I don't know that they do. My DH and DD could sleep through a bombing raid, so it really doesn't matter much what I do. I, OTOH, will wake up if you drop a feather in the basement... which really stinks.

4. Do you lie about your age? Why or why not?

Nope. What's the point? Who cares? HEY EVERYONE -- I'M FORTY-ONE YEARS OLD!! So what? LOL...

===============================

Hey, lookie -- the woodpile!




Five and a half piles. Phew.

=================================

I was wandering around the yard with the camera to take pix for It's Only Natural, and discovered some mums from last year that were finally blooming. Aren't they gorgeous?



===================================

DH sealed our deck on Saturday afternoon. It's still wet. Taking out Dakota and/or putting out and retrieving the bird feeders is an unbelievable pain. And ... I'm beginning to think it's NEVER going to dry.

**sigh**

===================================

10 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Wow you are early this morning!
That's quite a woodpile. We were supposed to do that this weekend at my FIL's but we have the flu bug going around.

Beautiful flowers. I adore mums. They come in such gorgeous colors.

Jen said...

You are so much better of taking care of your house than we are. I'm put to shame.

Keri Mikulski said...

Gorgeous flower. Happy Monday! :)

Diane Craver said...

Looks like you're definitely prepared for winter - impressive woodpile. Beautiful mums!

I took my kids out for Halloween to people I know, and they always looked forward to seeing the kids in their costumes. I told our youngest, Amanda, this has to be her last year to dress up and go out. She was Cinderella last year and I want her to wear this costume again, but she really wants to dress as one of the High S. Musical characters. We'll see. If I have time, I'll make a costume.

Great post, Marianne!

Jodi said...

That is a wood pile! I too am an early bird, and like the quiet time in the early mornings!

Susan Demeter said...

I am another happy to be my 41 years of age gal :) Happy Monday morning :)

My entry for MMM is here

Stop by if you have a moment :)

Dru said...

WOW...you guys did that. Wow.

Sarita Leone said...

What beautiful mums! I love them! I get such a kick out of "being surprised" by the mums in the yard. Every year we plant them, then I forget what they look like until they bloom again. The varieties are amazing.

Great woodpile! We've got the twin "wall of wood"...lots of cozy days in wood like that. :)

Happy Monday!

Brandy said...

Whoa! That's a fantastic woodpile! I don't post pictures of my kids on my blog unless their faces are obscured. And I don't even do that very often, hence all the kitty pics! *G*

I'm not quite 41 (34), but don't mind admitting my age, either. *G*

I hope you have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

You're going to stay TOASTY warm this winter. With all that wonderful wood-burning fireplace smell.

Sigh.