Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Morning Meme and More

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown



1.What is your earliest memory of a library? Who took you? Do you have any funny/odd memories of the library?

I worked in the library in grammar school -- and I remember shelving books, even as early as fourth grade. That's where I discovered ALL of the Oz books (my absolute faves as a kid), and where I learned what the Dewey Decimal system was. Funny/odd memories? Not really. Just warm fuzzy ones.

2. What two things are at the top of your to-do list? When do you think you’ll get around to doing those things? How good are you at crossing things off your to-do list?

I'm perpetually behind on working the LASR site. I always have reviews to build, pages to update, reminders to send, ads to place ... it's never-ending, so that is ALWAYS on my to-do list.

Second for now would be to finish getting ready for NaNoWriMo -- and, I'm telling you what, I better have words fall from my fingers, or I already don't know where I'm going to find the time. Still, I have faith (gotta have faith -- and an alarm clock!).

When? Everyday. I cross off my to-do stuff, and then start anew. Even when it's the same stuff.

3. Where do you come in the family? Are you the oldest? Youngest? Only child? Or smack in the middle? How do you think this has affected the way you grew up? Would you agree with your birth order personality? Are you happy with your birth order, or do you wish you had been the oldest/youngest, etc.

I'm the baby (awwww....), the youngest of six and am five years apart from my next nearest sibling. I was all but raised an only child, though, because my nearest brother and sister moved out early and by the time I was in sixth grade, I was on my own. Even before that, we really didn't hang out together... the age difference really impacted our relationship as we grew up, IMHO.

So, birth order... hmmm, let's try both.

Last born child traits says:

* Risk takers
* Idealists
* Good sense of humor
* Hard working
* Immature
* Attention seeking
* Secretive
* Sensitive

Okay... yes on most. I don't think I've ever been immature -- I've been told I was born old. But otherwise, yep. What about only child?

* Mature faster
* Get along well with older people
* Responsible
* Self-Centered
* Perfectionists
* Attention seekers
* Use adult language
* Prefer adult company
* Have difficulty sharing

Yes and no... that's about 50% I think. Wanna guess WHICH 50 is me? LOL...

4. If it wasn’t for ________ , I would ________.

If it wasn't for my husband, I would move back west.

But, yanno... he lives here, so I suppose I must. *G*

====================================

Thanks for the well wishes about Dakota. Will check her lump this a.m. and make the determination as to whether it's increased, decreased or (thinking positive) mysteriously disappeared overnight.

DD and Dd had a bit of a slumber party last night. Everyone with cats will appreciate this. My cat decided she wanted to sleep on DD's bed... so she did. Right in the middle. And Dd wouldn't challenge her (cat has her whipped into shape), and DD didn't want to disturb her (yes, cat is queen), so she made a big bed on the floor of her room.

Yes, folks -- DD and Dd slept on the floor while Queen Breeann, cat extraordinaire got the entire bed to herself!



====================================

Today is writing day for me -- which means more work on my NaNo project, and possible tinkering of short stories I have in progress.

====================================

How was your weekend? Do anything interesting?

=====================================

9 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

Oh yes - as a cat person I can definitely appreciate that story!

Keri Mikulski said...

I'm the baby too. :) Went to Boo at the Zoo with my daughter this weekend. :)

MomJane said...

Sweet DD. Bless her heart I can just see her doing that. At least she had Dd with her. Give her a hug from me.

Dru said...

Aaaaww, that was so sweet of DD to sleep on the floor with Dh.

I hope you have a good Monday.

Tori Lennox said...

Oh, man, I am such a typical only child! ROFL!

Brandy said...

Awww, DD did a sweet thing sleeping on the floor. *G*
I'm an only child and some of the characteristics fit and two don't. *G*

I hope you have a productive writing day!

groovyoldlady said...

I am the queen and have my own people well trained. They too, know that it is much safer to sleep down on the floor than to stray onto my side of the bed because I'M AN ONLY CHILD AND I DON'T SHARE!

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I'm the youngest of 6 and my next oldest sib is 5 years older than me!

That was clever to have done yourself as an only, too. Never thought of it that way, but it's true!

Melissa McClone said...

Hope you got a lot of writing done today! And thanks for your work on my author page! I'll announce it soon!