Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking It and more

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. ~Author unknown, as printed in The Hoosier Farmer

My DH stayed home sick yesterday, and as a result my day was a big, ugly mess -- partly because the "school room" is a little cubby behind the master bedroom and he was napping most of the afternoon, so DD couldn't do school! Yikes!

Times like these call for a meme, don't you think?



“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

For me, the first one that leaps to mind (aside from Nick and Nora) is Eve Dallas and Roarke from the "In Death" series. I think what I like most about them is that, despite being madly in love with each other, every book is still a journey for their relationship. They are both so full of angst and troubled history, still finding their way with each other, that it makes their lives interesting. And who can resist the absolute depth of Roarke's love for Eve? He is, indeed, a dream man.

**sigh**

You?
=======================

And now, I must go check on DH and see if he's better at all, and whether he'll be staying home again or heading to work... Sorry for the abbreviated post!

==========================

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good series!
www.thesocialfrog.com

Beth F said...

I had Eve and Roarke on my list, too. They are definitely a favorite of mine.

SmilingSally said...

Oh, Nick and Nora--of course!

Unknown said...

Nick and Nora also get my vote.

Judy said...

Okay.. I'm weird. The first couple to come to MY mind is the tragic love affair type....Cathy and Heathcliff. What do you suppose that says about me?

Dru said...

Eve and Roarke for the same reasons.

I hope DH is feeling better today.

Have a good Thursday.

Melissa McClone said...

Hope your husband is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read that one. Hope your husband is better!

Shana said...

I've never heard of this series - it sounds great!

Shana
Literarily

Tori Lennox said...

Oh definitely Eve & Roarke! Roarke. *swoon* Love him so much!

Lynn Reynolds said...

Hi Marianne - I sympathize about the ability of a hubby at home to totally disrupt your day - even a wonderful, darling hubby like mine. Not terribly original, but I'd pick Darcy and Elizabeth from "Pride and Prejudice" as my favorite couple. Probably a very close second is Jamie and Claire from "Outlander."

Diane Craver said...

Well, my husband's been home since July so I understand completely. Each day is a big distraction for me. LOL

Hope your hubby is better soon!

I haven't heard of this series and you have mentioned Eve and Roake other times - I better start reading!

Wanda said...

"Eve and Roarke" must be quite a couple ... they're on everyone's list but I don't know who they are.

Brandy said...

Definitely Eve and Roarke. The button thing STILL gets me. *G*
Sorry to hear your hubs is sick, hope he feels better soon!

I also hope your day goes well!

Anonymous said...

Just FYI, I added you to my blogroll.

Jen said...

No question: Elizabeth Bennett and Darcy. All-time faves.