Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween.. and Wise Words



Where there is no imagination there is no horror. ~Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Halloween.
~Author Unknown


So, I'm trying to pump myself up... give myself affirmations and reminders. But, the ones I find tend to be double-edged swords.

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't... you're right."

"Thoughts become things."

And... my favorite of all Star Wars scenes for outright inspiration:



What amazing quotes!!!

"Try not! Do... or do not. There is no try."

and, following Luke's line of, "I don't believe it!"

Yoda replies, "That is why you fail."

Gives me goosey bumps.

And some seriously cool NaNoWriMo icons!!! Here are a few of my faves (it's like Facebook crack Flair):







Now, I just need to stop playing around and get to work...

ONE.

DAY.

LEFT.

:::faints dead away:::

=============================

So, Dakota has been getting so much better about... well... everything, that sometimes I forget she's not Bailey. I was rudely reminded yesterday.

We took her in the truck like always and made some stops... forgetting that we hadn't emptied out our purchases from the day before, from PetsMart. Ha. She didn't forget.

We got back to the truck about 15 minutes later and found... an empty bag of treats. An entire bag of Chicken Chips -- which are, thankfully, just hard chicken with no other additives.

She DID find the silica packet... you know, the one that says "DO NOT EAT UNLESS YOU WANT A LONG, LINGERING AND PAINFUL DEATH" and bit it, but didn't eat it (THANK YOU GOD... I really don't need another big vet bill).

However, the entire afternoon and evening was interesting, to say the least. Many, many, many trips outside... some futile, some not. Puppy had an upset stomach. Bet she doesn't learn.

**sigh**

=============================

Doing anything interesting tonight?

=============================

7 comments:

Dru said...

Good luck with NaNo!

Sarita Leone said...

You're going to be a NaNo whiz! I just know it. :)

No big plans for the evening. Just falling on my face, probably, after dealing with today's frighteningly long errand list. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Tomorrow we NaNo!

Ceri Hebert said...

I always blamed R2D2 for Luke not being able to get that ship out of the water. If he'd just kept quiet then Luke could've concentrated.

Going to take DS trick or treating tonight. I'd rather curl up on the couch.

I'm so not ready for NaNo. I've got my story, know how I'm going to start, know where it's going, but I'm going to feel guilty every moment I'm writing because my other manuscript needs me so much.

Poor Dd. Hope it's a lesson learned.

groovyoldlady said...

Happy All NaNo's Eve!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Melissa McClone said...

Happy Halloween!

Yoda was a wise one! Good luck with Nano. You can do it.

Tori Lennox said...

Great quotes!!!

I'll be glued to the Sci Fi Channel tonight. Ghost Hunters has a seven hour live program from Fort Delaware. Should be fun.

Brandy said...

I'll be handing out candy while hubs takes the kids and their friends trick-or-treating. I admit to being a bit OCD in that I usually keep score of how pirates, Darth Vaders, witches, etc that we get. *G* But, before all that I have errands to run.

Sorry to hear about Dakota's upset tummy. Hope EVERYONE is feeling good today!