Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Meet my NaNoWriMo novel

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." -- Stephen King

Meet my NaNoWriMo novel -- currently just called "Sunny" (for the heroine).



Baby steps toward November first.

Collage? Check.

Now... what's next?

And, it's beginning to look like I'll be all alone in my craziness this year. *sniff* ((insert pity party here))

===========================

Here is Me, trying to think positive as the weather grows colder and I refuse to run my heat.

Good things about fall and winter:

** No bugs.

** Dog poo is nice and solid for scooping.

** I don't have to bring in my bird feeders at night cuz the bears are asleep.

** No grass clippings on my floor.

....

Nope, doesn't make up for below zero temps and multiple feet of snow. But it's something.

============================




You Are 52% Interesting



You are a fairly interesting person. Many people find you to be intriguing.
You have a dynamic, adventurous life... a life that others envy.

You are genuinely interested in and open to the world.
You love making new friends, and you're always up for an unusual experience.

Like everyone else, you can get a bit boring from time to time. That's normal.
But unlike everyone else, you can pull yourself out of a rut. You don't stay boring for long.



I think what put me over the "boring" edge was that I start conversations with strangers. DD will ask, "Mommy, did you know that person?"

"Nope."

And I especially like to talk to the "invisible" people -- foodservers, cashiers, janitors, etc. It surprises them. :-)

=============================

12 comments:

Judy said...

Now, if I could just make my blog show this :-)

You Are 68% Interesting

You are a fairly interesting person. Many people find you to be intriguing.
You have a dynamic, adventurous life... a life that others envy.

You are genuinely interested in and open to the world.
You love making new friends, and you're always up for an unusual experience.

Like everyone else, you can get a bit boring from time to time. That's normal.
But unlike everyone else, you can pull yourself out of a rut. You don't stay boring for long.

Jen said...

Nice collage! The woman looks like a "Sunny".

Again, have a blast with nano!

Dru said...

I love your collage and I'll be rooting for you on your Nano.

I remember when I had my first job and my boss told me to always talk to the receptionist, the mailroom clerk and the janitors because they will make your stay pleasant and I've always done this at all the jobs that I've had.

You Are 60% Interesting

You are a fairly interesting person. Many people find you to be intriguing.

You have a dynamic, adventurous life... a life that others envy.

You are genuinely interested in and open to the world.

You love making new friends, and you're always up for an unusual experience.

Like everyone else, you can get a bit boring from time to time. That's normal.

But unlike everyone else, you can pull yourself out of a rut. You don't stay boring for long.

Sarita Leone said...

You're way ahead of me with this whole NaNo thing. I,uh, against my better judgement mind you, signed on yesterday. That was, um, after I saw someone else *that was you!* had taken the leap again this year.

I'd talked myself out of doing the November nut run because...well, you know life's crazy right now...but when I saw you were taking the plunge I was horribly ashamed of my cowardice.

So I'm in.

So far I think I have a title but that's it! And honestly I'm feeling really good about this. Thanks for the nudge. :)

Keri Mikulski said...

Like the collage.. Still thinking about Nano. :)

Melissa McClone said...

Looks like you're all set for Nano! I updated my profile and added the new book. I just don't know if I'll be done with my current wip in time! Fingers crossed.

Allie Boniface said...

I'm doing NaNo, for the first time ever. We'll see how it goes...

Tori Lennox said...

*sob!!!* I'm boring!!!!

You Are 44% Interesting

Truth be told, you're not the most interesting person in the world. You don't put much effort into expanding your horizons. You're content to stay in your little comfort zone.

You tend to get stuck in a rut, and you often bore people who spend time with you. You are predictable and somewhat narcissistic. You're too focused on yourself to see how boring you can be.

You have the potential to be an incredibly fascinating person. You just have to be a little more proactive. Shake things up. Try something new. Take a risk. The worst that can happen is that you'll have an amazing story to tell!

Ceri Hebert said...

Wish I could do a collage. I tried once but just didn't work out.

Amy said...

** Dog poo is nice and solid for scooping.

Nope. There is never anything good about dog poo unless it's, yanno, INSIDE a dog.

Like the collage. I'm toying with the idea of maybe, sorta, kinda, thinking about a collage for NaNo this year. But must get current novel sent off FIRST.

MJFredrick said...

I'm going to Nano. I hope to get to go to a plotting party this weekend to plot it out. Then I'll do the collage and soundtrack.

Brandy said...

I have another good thing for you, under the bug category. NO MOSQUITOS! Just think, you could live here and not be able to enjoy the moderate weather thanks to the mosquitos.
I think you're doing great signing up for NaNo. I'm not a writer, but have nothing but respect for someone who can make words come to life. *g*

I hope you had a pleasant day.