Wednesday, October 08, 2008

NOT Alone!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

My guest blogger opted not to show up today... so you're stuck with me.

Ha.

I'm thrilled to state that several folks stepped up to the NaNoWriMo plate with me. So far as I can recall, Mary, Allie, Amy, Sarita, and Melissa are participating and Ceri and Keri (interestingly pronounced the same) are in the "maybe" column.

So... woo hoo!! We're having a Par-TAY! There's still time to take the silly pills and join us in the loony bin.

Whether we make it or not, we'll most assuredly have a TON of FUN.

I <3 NaNo.

===========================

I am trying to learn Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 ... of course, the moment I got a copy, they upgraded to CS4. Do you think they do that on purpose?

Anyway, I'm already confused beyond belief. I have a copy of DW CS3 The Missing Manual. It's not helping. I found a Dreamweaver Tutorial online, and messed up the first step and don't know how to erase DW's memory so that I can still use that particular site name.

I'm currently looking into procuring a copy of Dreamweaver for Dummies. But at this rate, even that may be over my head.

Oy.

=============================

Hey... Judy has a new blog where she's talking about BOOKS!!! All kinds of books! She's only just started, but you should stop by and say howdy... maybe suggest some of your favorite books? Here's the link.

=============================

I am Marianne Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!


You Are...Marianne Dashwood!

You are Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are impulsive, romantic, impatient, and perhaps a bit too brutally honest. You enjoy romantic poetry and novels, and play the pianoforte beautifully. To boot, your singing voice is captivating. You feel deeply, and love passionately.

Um... no. Except maybe the brutally honest part (Judy is nodding right now).

==========================

6 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I'll probably give in and at least attempt NaNo. I generally really like the stories I come up with even though I don't always finish them.

I must be crazy.

Dru said...

I'm glad that you have friends to party and write with. Can non-NaNo see the work you guys are doing?

I tried learning Dreamweaver on my own and even took a course but it was more advanced than I needed to know.

Anonymous said...

I'm still working on an older copy of Dreamweaver since I'm running Tiger and not Leopard.

It makes me want to lay down and take a nap every time I try to learn. I'm not dumb, but this is a real challenge. And like I have time for more challenges in my life....;)

Melissa McClone said...

I was Marianne. It fits me except for the singing part.

Tori Lennox said...

I was Marianne too.

Brandy said...

Glad you aren't alone in the NaNo writing exercise. *G* I hope things work out well for you this year.

I also hope you're having a nice day!