Friday, October 24, 2008

Only a WEEK 'til NaNo!

Nerves and butterflies are fine - they're a physical sign that you're mentally ready and eager. You have to get the butterflies to fly in formation, that's the trick. ~Steve Bull




Not that I'm panicked or anything... but it seems like I used to have a month before NaNoWriMo, and now it's down to a WEEK! ACK!!!

I already know I have more work to do before November begins... Guess I need to start taking the time I plan to use for writing during NaNo and use it for more pre-plotting. I'm nervous... and I keep telling myself that the fate of the world doesn't hang in the balance, but I don't want to lose again. Last year was pretty demoralizing. Yes. I'm a bit competitive, even when it's just against myself and the calendar.

=========================

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I found this great new blog, "Routines for Writers", and they are featuring posts from Karen Wiesner now and on through NaNo. Karen is a prolific and very talented author of both fiction and non-fiction, and she happens to have a book called "First Draft in 30 Days", the information from which can be a big help when planning your NaNo attack. Check it out!

==========================

Things you don't expect to hear from your child's mouth:

"Thanks for the mold, Mom."

DD was thrilled (!!) when I let her take a bit of moldy bell pepper and put it in a petri dish. She loves her microscope...

And that may tell you more about the state of my refrigerator than I should let be known in public.

==========================

Was "Criminal Minds" a repeat this week? Or does my DVR hate me? Because it didn't tape.

===========================




You Are Saturday



Like this day of the week, you are ruled by Saturn.

More than anything, you are down to earth.

You are practical and wise. You take care of yourself before all others.

Sometimes you tend to be a bit suspicious. You are protective of what you have.

While some people see Saturday as a day of leisure, you see it as a day to get things done.

You always look forward to your productive Saturdays. You wouldn't have them any other way!



==========================

Um... sort of?

==========================

Oh, and... DH? Still sick, but getting better. Yes, he stayed home again yesterday, and today is his day off anyway, so I have him until Monday. Then... in November? He's off all but SEVEN DAYS. Dear heavens... kiss the routine goodbye. Ah well, it'll be good for him, if not for me.

==========================

10 comments:

Jen said...

My nano participation is hanging in the balance of whether or not my mother is moving to MI. I *think* she is and I may be back and forth to NYC, so we'll see... I'm still going to shoot for it, though.

Dru said...

I believe Criminal Minds was a new episode.

Sorry that hubby is still sick.

You Are Monday

Like this day of the week, you are ruled by the moon.

More than anything, you are flexible.

You are moody and impressionable. You are easily influenced by the world around you.

And while you can be temperamental, you eventually adjust.

While Mondays tend to be the hardest day for people, you don't mind getting back to regular life.

You're the one waking up early and making the coffee while everyone else complains.


Not everything is me.

Diane Craver said...

Karen's a wonderful writer. I read one of her inspirational romances and enjoyed it very much. I'm glad you mentioned her book on writing -I need to get it.

Sarita Leone said...

We're going to have fun this November. I see success for everyone, and lots and lots of new, exciting, fabulously interesting books to tweak in December. :)

Hope Hubby feels better soon.

Tori Lennox said...

As far as I know Criminal Minds was new. I haven't seen it yet, though, so I won't swear to it.

NerdSnark said...

NaNo, YAY! I plan to win this year. So, good luck.

Brandy said...

Criminal Minds was new.
I have every reason to believe you'll do great with NaNo. *G*
Sorry to hear your hubs is still sick. I hope he's all better, soon! *G*

For the quiz I received the same answer as Dru. Some was true, some wasn't.

Have a great Friday!

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm going to get a late start to NaNo this year. I next to never write on the weekends and I work a full day on Saturdays. Maybe I can fit some in on my lunch break.

Melissa McClone said...

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out even though NaNo will only be for 13 days if I take my extension all the way through!

groovyoldlady said...

Your man is going to be home during NaNo? Eeeeew!

Mulletman is quite supportive of the idea, in theory. He's thrilled because I'm planning out an album's worth of songs to accompany the novel. BUT, we'll see how he actually does when I put on the headphones and ignore him on his days off.

How much prewriting do you do?

I've got several intertwining ideas flowing but I'm still mulling over how to link them.

And, dang, but I can' think of an opening line!