Thursday, October 30, 2008

Preparing For NaNo

The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up. ~Author Unknown

Okay... I've been making up a battleplan today on how to keep up with the things I must keep up with during November and still have time to write 1662 words a day.

Y'all will forgive me if I don't visit daily during November, right? I'll probably read your blogs on my Google reader, but actually visiting make take a back seat.

I'm going to do memes on Thursday (Thursday 13) and build them ahead of time.

I may reserve the weekends simply for word count / NaNo updates. It will, most likely, be consuming my every thought so I dont' know how much else I'll have to talk about.

I'm megacooking. Yay. One day each weekend, I'll menu plan and cook ahead as much as possible (I love my freezer).

I plan on brainstorming scenes at night as I'm getting ready to sleep (oddly, this is the best time for me to think abstract thoughts -- do you suppose it has something to do with being so tired I can't think logically?) in order to know what I'll write the following day. I already have my notepad in hand and have been jotting down extremely random thoughts about the plot. And names. An old boyfriend married a woman name Theanae. I may have to use it, or something like it, for one of my beauty queens. I have a cat and kittens (but I know their names), I may have a bull-pei pup, but I'm not certain. My neighbor owns an English bulldog who is adorable, but very high maintenance because he can't clean himself anywhere and he has lots of wrinkles that stay moist and hold dirt. Adding the "pei" to the "bull" would only make him more wrinkly.

I've practiced this week on building ALL my pages for the LASR site ahead of time, so it only takes about 20 minutes to upload each morning. So, as long as Judy gets me the info in a timely fashion, I should be good to go.

Facebook will suffer. Don't bother sending me challenges, plants, animals, hugs, pokes, flair, food, drinks, invitations or anything else. I'm going to ingnore them all.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'm doing my best to be ready... I even bookmarked this amazing post of Paperback Writer's about NaNo because I loved the suggestions!

Two days to go.

Dear Heavens.




==============================

Why do you suppose my DD took these pictures?




Speaking of DD, she's finally feeling human again. Thank heavens.

===============================

7 comments:

Jen said...

Glad she's feeling better and I'm in awe of your nano prep. I think I'm going to be winging mine.

Diane Craver said...

Thanks for sharing the suggestions for NaNo - even though I'm not participating, the post has great advice for writers.

Dru said...

I'm glad DD is doing better.

I'm rooting for you. You'll do great with the NaNo challenge. Sounds like you're truly prepared.

Sarita Leone said...

So glad DD is feeling better. And I love her photos; so interesting to see what catches her attention.

NaNo here we come!

groovyoldlady said...

NaNo. NaNo. NaNo. NaNo. NANO!

I haven't started writing, yet one of my secondary characters quite suddenly decided that he was going to take over the story. He wants to change his name and his age and he wants to tell the story in himself.

Teenagers! Sheesh!

Glad your little punkin is feeling better!

Brandy said...

Sounds like you have a good plan in place! Best of luck with NaNo.

Glad to hear your DD is feeling better.

Hope you have a terrific day!

Anonymous said...

Glad DD is feeling better.

Good luck on NaNo!