Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Who Wants To...

Who wants to guest review any one of my Wild Rose Press stories for LASR? Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

Who is the brave person stepping forth to review the reviewer? Hmmm?

If you haven't already purchased them, I'll supply a copy. First come, first serve -- and you must choose the story you want by naming it in the comments here.

I have three, so take your pick. Here, I'll help:

Now That We've Found You

For three years, the memory of Sarah Kirkman's dead husband has kept other men at bay. Her heart only has room for her six-year-old daughter, Melinda. On a vacation to the Smithsonian, the Kirkmans run into Doctor Duncan MacPherson, a paleontologist who befriends her dinosaur-obsessed daughter. Sarah's attraction to Duncan is undeniable but pointless-- he must leave for his home in Scotland the very next morning. But Sarah has forgotten one important thing: Christmas really is for miracles.

Tickle Fights and Barbecues

Since her return to her childhood home following the deaths of her parents, Tina Springfield has been alone, with nothing but her prize-winning roses for company. Though she longs for friendship and romance, her innate shyness and her awkward work schedule have kept her from meeting anyone -- including her new neighbors. But when a little boy's baseball threatens her rose bushes, everything changes, and Tina discovers that small sacrifices can make a big difference in life.

Miles From You

It's 1948, and thirty-four year-old diner owner Millie Townsend is well on the shelf. Millie's fallen hard for regular customer, Paul Whittier, a veteran of World War II and a civil engineer. When she discovers he's accepted a new job out of state and it's their last evening together, how can this ultra-shy spinster find the nerve to show she's interested in more than just friendship?

Step forth and claim your story!

4 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

I'll review Tickle Fights for you...

Michele said...

Now That We've Found You

Oh Cool! A story with a little kid who loves dinosaurs. I can see myself doing the same thing at that age. I would have LOVED to have known someone "in the know" about things like that.

I sort of did, through my BF at the time. I met a man who was in the Guiness Books for the biggest dinosaur print at that time..in the 80's. He found it in his backyard, LOL
He's been dethroned for quite some time now, but when It happened,it was BIG news. *grin*

Is the book already out or about to be released?

Brandy said...

HI! I followed Michele over. When will 'Miles From You' be released? It sounds like a good story!
(Oh, and I write reviews as a hobby.)

Alice said...

I've read all three stories by Marianne and I love them all. My favourite is Now That We've Found You!!