Wednesday, July 18, 2007

'Pillar Place and a Funny

“I don't know much about creative writing programs. But they're not telling the truth if they don't teach, one, that writing is hard work, and, two, that you have to give up a great deal of life, your personal life, to be a writer.” -Doris Lessing

This blog post is a bit late today, because my body finally shut down and I slept in... until about 5 a.m.!

============================

Phil the Pill is back on his dill, and eating the day away.
Who knows why he moved?
I know that he stays.
I wonder what he'll do today?


See why I don't write poetry?

In other news, Jill, the smallest 'pillar, sat around and did nothing (not even eat) all day. If Eenie hadn't done the same thing, I'd've been worried sick. But, sure enough, it was a growing spurt -- she shed her skin (and then promptly ate it... sorry, TMI?) and is now about twice the size she was yesterday. It's amazing.

Eenie and Lily are huge and should be pupating any day. Man, I hope so. I had to change out all the food plants yesterday and that's always an ordeal for me AND for the pillars.

I took a look at the blog from last year to see when we had our monarch babies. It was the second week of August, so after these kids are gone, I'll probably be starting with monarchs.

Pillar Place. Tune in tomorrow.

======================

8 WORDS WOMEN USE

1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a 1/2 hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of
nothing.)

6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say, "you're welcome."

8. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

=========================

Just like last time, I'm feeling a bit odd -- but Allie did such a fabulous job with the review, how could I resist? There's a review up on LASR for my story, "Tickle Fights and Barbecues". I'm not certain, but the review may be better written than the story, LOL.

Thanks, Allie.

==========================

You Belong in 1989

Wild, over the top, and just a little bit cheesy. You're colorful at night - and successful during the day.

8 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm loving reading about your pillars. What a great project. I used to do the same (sorta) with tadpoles.

anno said...

Pillar Place. Oh, I love it. Keep the stories coming...

Jen said...

I've never been so fascinated with caterpillars! Glad Phil is behaving himself.

Allie Boniface said...

Oh, please...when a story is well-written and fun to read, it's easy to write the review! :)

Anonymous said...

You saying that Allie's review might be better written than your story reminded me of what my husband said once about a book review. A published NY author wrote a review for me for my Christmas book, and after my hubby read it, he said that the review made my book sound great! He didn't realize my book had so much in it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the 8 words!!!

And another thrilling episode of Pillar Place! *g*

Lastly:

You Belong in 1986
Wild, over the top, and just a little bit cheesy. You're colorful at night - and successful during the day.

Gay said...

It never dawned on me that I had to translate... I guess it's a good thing men don't read a lot, because my characters make those statements a lot.

My husband mostly gets them, except when I have PMS. For some reason, he seems to think there are alternate meanings then, usually to the detriment of his health. I don't know why that is, especially after 25 years+ of marriage. Women don't have that problem...

Dru said...

I love the continuing saga of Pillar Place.

I'm a 1983 girl.