Tuesday, July 03, 2007

All's Well...

You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Thanks to everyone for your support and kindness yesterday! I appreciated the comments and emails I got from everyone. You're all wonderful.

Bailey is home and doing fine (or as fine as can be expected after surgery). She's still a little wobbly, even this morning, VERY whiny (and she never whines normally) and absolutely parched. I assume the drugs gave her a bad case of dry mouth, because she drinks and drinks and drinks and then has to go outside every hour.

She looks lovely in her Lion King shirt -- a better alternative to the e-collar. Hopefully she won't worry the incision through the shirt so she won't have to wear the doggy lampshade.

No pathology reports for a week or more, though. So fingers crossed they got all the cancer -- considering the lump was roughly the size of a dime and the incision is about six inches long, I am hoping for the best.

===============================

I managed to write a bit yesterday -- despite the fact I had a whiny dog laying beside me. My mystery is moving along, though I don't imagine I'll actually market it as a mystery because the love story is definitely primary to the rest. I spoke to one of TWRP Crimson Rose (their mystery/suspense line) editors, and she said the story should be 40% mystery to qualify. I don't know that mine is... maybe more like 25 - 30%? I'm enjoying it,though. It's a challenge.

================================

Based on Judy's review at LASR, I've started reading "Good Things" by Mia King. It's very well written, and the characterization is amazing, even though I'm only in the first chapter so far. Impressive. If the rest of the book is this good, I'll be thrilled.

After that, I think I'll have to read the paranormal Judy just reviewed -- she raved about it, said she couldn't put it down (figuratively, as it is an eBook). Check out her review here.

=================================

You are Milk Chocolate

A total dreamer, you spend most of your time with your head in the clouds.
You often think of the future, and you are always working toward your ideal life.
Also nostalgic, you rarely forget a meaningful moment... even those from long ago.


I'm okay with this, I suppose -- though I tend to think of myself as more practical than dreamy. And, milk chocolate is for wimps... the darker the better, IMHO.

Your Animal Personality

Your Power Animal: Eagle

Animal You Were in a Past Life: Whale

You are active, a challenger, and optimistic.
Hard-working, you are always working towards a set goal.


I'm not certain I'm in love with being a whale... but the rest? Yeah, that'll work.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm so glad things went smoothly for your girl! Lion King shirt? That's funny!

I got about a paragraph written yesterday, but I was a little preoccupied by a daughter who decided to comb the neighborhood looking for friends, without telling me. I was close to calling the police to help me look when she came walking up the street. My nerves were pretty much shot after that.

Dru said...

I'm glad that the surgery went well and Bailey is whinny. I think that's a good thing. Crossing fingers they got it all out.

Good luck on your writing. With 40% mystery, does that make it a romantic suspense title?

Have a good Tuesday.

Marianne Arkins said...

Ceri,

ACK... about your DD.

Dru,

Yes, 40% mystery apparently makes it romantic suspense.

Allie Boniface said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well...

Heather said...

Hang in there, Marianne!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Bailey is home. :)

I got the same animal as you did. Great minds, I guess. *g*

Sylvia Dickey Smith said...

Glad puppy is doing well, and hope tests all come out okay. Poor baby.

Syl

Mia King said...

I hope you enjoy GOOD THINGS - let me know what you think!

with aloha,
Mia