Saturday, July 14, 2007

TV or Books?

"The most technologically efficient machine that man has ever invented is the book." - Northrop Frye

It's going to be a beautiful day here in the northeast for a change. Warm, but not humid and no wind. DH and DD will be out on the boat, and I will be blessedly alone.

I plan on writing, but I don't know what yet. I also plan on catching up a bit on my TV viewing, since DH and I don't like the same stuff, and he gets the TV when he gets home at night (and since I'm in bed around 8:30 anyway!). I have four episodes of The Closer to watch, I STILL haven't watched the last three episodes of Heroes (I know), Eureka's season premier, and something else which escapes me right now.

As you can see, TV isn't really a priority to me. TiVoing things is, but not watching them, LOL...

Last night was hockey night for DH, so I get control of the television. You know what I did? I watched one episode of How It's Made (I love that show) and then I curled up and read "High Noon". The allure of the TV held nothing for me when I had a good book waiting.

What about you? TV or reading? Or neither? What shows do you love? What good books have you read lately?

=============================

From Anno, who got it from Fourier Analyst:

You Are 32% Texas

You're as welcome in Texas as a skunk at a lawn party.


Like I didn't know that already... Sorry, Texans, I visited once. In August. Ain't going back.

You Should Rule Mars

Mars is a planet that shines brightly and loops wildly around the solar system.

You are perfect to rule Mars, because you are both energetic and independent.
Like Mars, you seems attractive and bright to others - but you're difficult to pin down.

You are a great thinker, but you only think in the present and ignore the future.
Full of enthusiasm and inspiration, you are into your own thing... and rather insensitive to others.


Well, okay to most of that I suppose... what about you? Hey, Tori, are you going to rule with me?

Have a great day!

6 comments:

anno said...

Well, let's share the universe! You can have Mars, but I get Saturn... No TV around this house; just lots of movies. Last night it was The Sum of All Fears, which was pretty awful. I'm hoping for a romantic comedy next.

Anonymous said...

All my shows are on hiatus right now...I should be writing, but I surf, trying to find something to watch :)

Dru said...

I'm a reader but I do enjoy watching TV. I have a couple of books that I need to read before I start High Noon bt Nora.

I'm 12% Texas: Damn Yankee! You think the sun comes up just to hear you crow.

You will enjoy The Closer. I think this is their best year yet. During the summer, I watch cable TV shows such as Monk and Burn Notice. There are two new cable tv shows that I will watch when they premiere.

I'm ruling Jupiter.

Anonymous said...

I'm obviously a Texas girl at heart. *g* I got:

You Are 44% Texas
At first, you seem Texan... but just because a chicken has wings don't mean it can fly.


Actually, I'm more an Austin/Hill Country girl. West Texas gives me the heebie jeebies.

As for the planets, I got Venus.

You MUST watch Eureka!!!!

Brandy said...

I watch some tv, but usually use it as background noise. I read more than anything.
I got 40% Texas: You're as welcome to Texas as a skunk to a lawn party.

And I agree with Dru, this is the best season for the Closer and with Tori, you MUST watch Eureka!

Jen said...

Oh, books, books, books!

Although there is some TV that I enjoy:

The Closer, Bones and I'm interested to see Amazing Grace when it comes on.

My TV guilty pleasure is So You Think You can Dance. I love watching these young, talented kids dancing their hearts out each week