Saturday, July 07, 2007

What's Up With Me

There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen and writes. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

I've really enjoyed working on LASR (that's the reviews site I co-own) lately, to the detriment of my own writing,unfortunately. I think I'm an organizer at heart and the challenge of finding a way to make things run smoothly and seamlessly has grabbed me by the throat and won't let go.

I've also made a point of notifying any author we review, even the ones who didn't send in requests (because we review all kinds of stuff!) just so they know. We haven't reviewed any of the really big authors yet, but even the midlisters I've emailed have gotten back to me (well, that's not entirely true -- some of the folks who requested the reviews haven't BUT I've usually found posts elsewhere saying how wonderful it all was). It's been great. Everyone seems genuinely pleased. It's easy to forget that even big, published authors are still human. And who doesn't like getting a compliment?

====================

I got the galley's for "Pregnancy Cravings" yesterday! Yay! This is when it finally sinks in that it'll be published soon. Of course, my editor mentioned that I don't need to hurry because she'd going to Nationals, and won't be able to get back to me with my changes until after that.

*sigh*

Must be nice.

I have high hopes for hitting Nationals next year. With any luck at all, my family and I will have relocated back out west as we've been trying to do, so San Fransisco will be in driving distance. AND, I'll be able to make several weeks of it because I have so many family and friends in California.

That's my plan. Of course, as a magnet on my fridge says: People plan, God laughs.

Right now though? My immediate plans include trying to figure out how to get my dog to sleep through the night again -- for the past three nights, she's whined to go out at right around 2 a.m. At least she's consistent. *yawn* Since I'm usually up between 4 and 5 anyway, it's tough to get back to sleep.

============================

Hey, I'm famous!! Lynette Rees interviewed me for her most recent newsletter. It's posted at her Yahoo group if you're interested (though you may need to sign up)!

============================
Time for me to get to work. I did about 700 words on my 1953 story (which is in desperate need of at least a working title) yesterday. It passed most of the "mom test" for historical accuracy, with one little tiny thing that needs fixing. It really felt good to do some writing again. Hopefully I'll have a little time to myself today (something that's been seriously lacking with DH on vacation and DD out of school). Fingers crossed!

Have a great day!

Okay, Tori... let's see what you get on this one! (for those of you who haven't been reading the comments lately, Tori and I are apparently twins separated at birth and get the same answer on all these quizzes. We'll see if the trend continues).

Your Famous Movie Kiss is from Gone With The Wind

"Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar."

4 comments:

Alice said...

I am glad to be given the opportunity to be a guest reviewer. Thanks for that, Marianne! You and Judy are doing a GREAT job!

Have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

You jinxed our Twin Thing! *g* I got:

Your Famous Movie Kiss is from The Empire Strikes Back
"Captain, being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited."

Now, personally, I'd be more than willing to kiss Han Solo, but that's just me. *g*

Gay said...

Gee, my Famous Movie Kiss is from Spiderman, but I'm really not much of a Toby McGuire fan, especially in Spiderman III--he became such a jerk, ya know? "I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?"

I'm a Johnny Depp gal. I wonder how much I have to cheat to get him??? Loved Chocolat, and Don Juan DeMarco, amongst others.

Brandy said...

My kiss is Romeo and Juliet and the qoute? *sigh* Beautiful. "Has my heart loved till now? Foreswear it, sight! For I never saw true beauty 'till this night."
Have a wonderful evening.