Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday Ramblings

I finished most of my outline for Camilla's Critters today, and realized that I don't have as much written as I'd thought. In my brain, it was almost complete -- though, if I'd just looked at the word count right here on the blog, I'd have realized that was a fantasy. I'm only about half done. And that's okay, cuz I have some new ideas for the story, a good thing since I whacked an entire subplot when I took Liv out and made a story just for her.

It feels good to be back with Camilla and her wacky family. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy her (and them). And, I think that her story is probably the most marketable of my WIPs (except maybe the secret baby cowboy story I'm plotting ... cuz everyone likes a cowboy story when it involved a baby, right?) and I'd like to get it done.

I'm fighting to keep up in my study groups and the class I'm semi-facilitating, and it's cutting into my writing time. So is gabbing with my niece, who is a night owl and is determined to keep me up well past my bedtime. I'd forgotten a lot about being nineteen -- the angst of boyfriends and parents and wondering about your future. She's got a pretty good head on her shoulders. I think she's going to do okay.

It snowed here yesterday about 6 inches. Nice, fluffy snow -- good for scooping, but bad for snowmen, much to my daughter's dismay. It's windy as heck now, though, so shoveling the driveway was oodles of fun. And, of course, I had to go shovel under the birdfeeders so that my groundfeeding birds wouldn't starve. This morning I watched as three mourning doves vied for a spot on the one feeder they can land upon. It was a good way to start the day... with a chuckle. But I did feel bad for the birdies, so it's all clear for them now.

And lastly, why do I find this guy so cute? He's Paul Nicholls, actor and model -- star of a movie I just watched... mmmm...

No comments: