Monday, February 06, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For

Yesterday, I complained that I never got to sleep in. Guess what? Today, the cat didn't wake me up until 5:30 (well, 5:28 to be exact). And even then, the dog didn't so much as twitch an ear. ACK!

It's a disaster. The fire was out. I have almost no writing time. DH is due to be awakened right now. And I'm thinking I'm going to feel a little out step all day.

Rested, but out of step.

In any case, I'm working on getting the outline of Liv Leigh down, and figuring out the stuff I don't like or that doesn't work. Some of them are minor -- like figuring a way to make it less of a threat to go into a strange man's apartment than to not go. Got that one figured out, and am thinking it's going to be a lot of fun to write.

But the others aren't so simple, and they're near the end and part of the whole "wrap up the loose ends" thing, so they're also very important. I think getting the outline down on paper will help to straighten things out, though. I'm the kinda gal who usually knows the beginning, the end and I have 20 - 30 scene ideas plus the character profiles done when I start writing. But I don't use an outline. And sometimes I pay, but sometimes I end up with much richer things happening as the characters and I get to know each other better.

With Liv, though, the first draft is done, so an outline won't hurt the creative process. In this case, I think it'll help.

Oh Yeah. I must say this -- I'm not a Seahawks fan, but they were robbed. Refs called way too many penalties and some of them were bogus, and usually against Seattle. Game should have been 17-14 Seattle.

But then, I'm a 49er's fan, so what do I know?

No comments: