Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Where Did Monday Go?

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane

So... I pretty much spent my day sleep-walking yesterday. The night before I'd not been able to sleep well (after the first couple hours -- I CRASHED from about 9:30 - 1:00). Woke up and started thinking about our restaurant bill from the Sunday dinner (DH surprised us and took us out for our bi-annual seafood dinner, lol). It wasn't adding up in my head until I finally just got up and found the receipt.

And then, of course, I was so awake I tossed and turned. So -- I spent the day in a fog, compounded by having a TON of work and some other personal stressors that I won't go into here. Made me a little spacey and cranky. Enough so my DD came downstairs at one point sobbing. "I hate when you're cranky."

I dread the day when she finally goes through puberty -- she's so unbelievably emotional already that I picture her just crying her way through every period.

Anyway, I managed more than four hours of sleep last night, but have out-of-the-house errands planned for much of the day, which puts a wrench in my ability to catch up on work and have DD get her schooling done.

I'm amused when folks assume that, just because I'm *home* that I'm endlessly available to do stuff. Um, homeSCHOOL is just school at home. It doesn't do itself.

And so, thus are the Days of my Life ("like sands through the hourglass...." -- does that show even say that anymore or have they updated themselves to be more mod?).

BTW, I'm trying to visit everyone. I know I say that all the time, and I keep thinking that life will settle down a bit, but no such luck. I WISH I had five minutes to be bored. I'm never bored anymore... but you're all in my reader and I'll get there when I can take a breath.

Have a great Tuesday.

========================




You Are Successful



You are efficient and streamlined. You're always ready to get down to business.

You are goal-oriented. You set goals often, and you almost always meet them.

You are gracious, charming, and downright nice. You truly like other people.

You are authentic and real. When in doubt, you choose to be truthful - even when it hurts.



About 75% right.

=====================

4 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I hope you find some peaceful moments in this day. That's what I'm looking for a few peaceful interludes.

No going outdoors--it looks December-ish here! AHH!

Brandy said...

I hope you get some rest soon. I know what you mean about homeschool. Most people don't realize that you can't just not do the work because you have errands.

Best wishes for a GOOD day.

Tori Lennox said...

I think there was something in the air Sunday night. I could not sleep to save my life. Hugs!!!

Dru said...

I'm another who had difficulty sleeping and when I don't get enough sleep, I'm not a happy person.

I hope you get some of that loss sleep.