Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Finished

"One hasn't become a writer until one has distilled writing into a habit, and that habit has been forced into an obsession. Writing has to be an obsession. It has to be something as organic, physiological and psychological as speaking or sleeping or eating." --- Niyi Osundare

So ... those of you on Facebook know this, but I finally finished the first draft of "Now and Forever", the "Kitchen Matches" sequel. I'm relieved. It's been weighing on me and, to be honest, I probably shouldn't have taken the time because I'm SO backed up on other work (like six book videos I need to make), but it was like an itch ... and it kept getting worse and worse until it was almost painful, so I had to scratch it.

I'm going to give the first draft the once over and then send it to a couple of victims volunteers who've offered their eyeballs. Then... it's time to submit. Since Samhain "fired" me because it's been more than two years since I contracted anything with them, I no longer have an editor there and have to go back through the slush pile. Blech. Oh well... maybe that'll keep me writing so it doesn't happen again.

I'll be tackling the next sequel to "Kitchen Matches", currently titled "Drive Me Crazy" which is about half done already. Then? I have no idea what I'll work on (though there IS one more Weathers brother who is unattached).

My DD has finally decided she likes model horses. It was a passion of mine growing up, and even into adulthood. I collected them, I showed them, etc. I still have all my horses and dragged them out of DD to take a look at. They're shelved now -- they're old and pretty valuable because of their age and nearly perfect condition -- but I told her if she decides to show them, she can use mine, too. Her birthday is coming up and all she wants is horses and model horse stuff (jumps, barns, tack).

I wonder if she'll finally start reading all my horse books, too? Of course, at her age I also owned a real live horse, so I was probably a bit more crazy than she is!

===================




You Are Art



You are a vibrant person who can't help but leave a mark on the world. You want to create something amazing.

Your dreams (and daydreams) are active and colorful. Anything and everything can be art for you.

You are an active and impulsive person. You love to work with your hands and make beautiful things.

You are easily inspired, and your flame burns brightly. You definitely have an artist's temperament.



:::shrugs::::

I never took art in school. I *wanted* to be an artist, but didn't have that special something that made what I did amazing. So I write instead. :-)

7 comments:

Dru said...

Again, congrats for finishing your story. Are you going to submit to other publishers in addition to Samhain?

You Are Reading

You are solitary but not a loner. You just value your quiet time - especially if that time includes a book.

You are a total novelty seeker, and you always appreciate new things to read about.

You are an idealist not a realist. Reality is a little too boring for your tastes.

Besides being an avid reader, you are a writer. In fact, you are an excellent writer, and you have a lot to say!

This is 90% accurate, the writer part is so not me. I hate to write, but I can write, but hate to write.

Have a good day.

MomJane said...

Strangely, I always loved math.

You Are Math
You are simply brilliant. You are bright, intelligent, and creative.
You've always had a head for numbers, and people are amazed by the math you can mentally do.

You are comfortable with theories. Abstract ideas and concepts delight you.
You think on a whole other plane. You see patterns and logic where others see chaos.

Angelina Rain said...

Congrats on finishing your book. Uh oh, I had no idea one can get fired from a publisher. Urg, that’s something new for me to worry about.

Brandy said...

Congratulations on finishing! And as an earlier commenter asked, will you submit to other publishers?

I, too, am Reading. I'm not a writer, so that portion is incorrect, but the other aspects seem to fit.

I hope you have a productive and pleasing day!

Maria Zannini said...

I'm glad you finally finished!!

I'm also glad I have someone as slow as me. ;-)

Tori Lennox said...

Congrats on finishing!

Ceri Hebert said...

Congrats on finishing!! Hope Samhain loves it!!

Good for your DD! I also had a huge collection of Breyers (though I didn't show them). I sold off the herd about 15 years ago to pay rent. I know DUMB!!!! But since DH and I have been rebuilding the herd. Whenever we go to flea markets we search for them. Unfortunately people are getting clued into how much they're really worth. *sigh*