Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Harvest!!

It pleases me to take amateur photographs of my garden, and it pleases my garden to make my photographs look professional. ~Robert Brault

My first garden harvest occurred last night. Yep, that's right, we actually had a vegetable to pick! Remember the tomato plants the chipmunks planted for me in the fall that I brought inside to see if they'd survive?

Look what they gave me:



I know ... one little cherry tomato isn't that impressive, but it was still exciting! Maybe it'll look more impressive close up?



Or from a different angle and different lighting?



In any case, it's a start. DD wanted to split it. Yes, really. The thing was about the width of a quarter... lol...

Speaking of DD, she's now addicted to the show, "Extreme Couponing". We're plotting our shopping strategies and learning where to download printable coupons. I've "liked" several couponing and deals pages on Facebook, and once I finally wrap my brain around how to do this (I'm working on organizing the coupons right now, and deciding whether I want to start a spreadsheet of what coupons I have, how many of each and when they expire) I'm going to be a crazy shopping mama! We do need to figure out how to balance healthy foods with couponing, though, which is no easy task... but I think it's possible.

Because, yanno, I had nothing else to do to keep me busy.

=========================




You Are a Basic T-shirt



You are a very humble, low maintenance person. You find contentment easily.

You are easy-going and very social. You like being around other people more than anything else.

Some may accuse you of being lazy, but you just don't work any harder than you need to.

You are happiest when things are kept casual. You think formality is a lot of unnecessary fuss.



And ... almost completely wrong! LOL....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So envious of your garden! My thumbs are anything but green.

My mother used to be a great coupon person. Sadly, that skill did not pass along to me. My sister, however, raves about Groupon.com??

Sarita Leone said...

Woo hoo, big congrats! What a gorgeous tomato and I bet it was sooo sweet. Good for you!

I have begun couponing so thanks for the link. A change in financial circumstances brings on new adventures...

I hope you're having a nice week.

Brandy said...

I'm hoping to plant our tomato plants this weekend and your tomato is making me impatient! *g* What did you do with your bounty?
I try to use coupons, but we buy many items that never have coupons and I'm not switching products just to use a coupon. I wish you the best of luck coupon-ing!

You Are a Long Sleeved Shirt
You are a modest person. You don't think too highly of yourself, and you're definitely not a show off.
You tend to be discreet in all aspects of your life. You value privacy.
You are a solid person. You are very dependable, and you enjoy having others depend on you.
You are thoughtful and actually very deep. You reject superficiality of every sort.

Pretty close. I hope you have a good day!

Sarita said...

Checked back to see when the coupon show is on!

Maria Zannini said...

I was just thinking about your tomato plant yesterday. I was going to ask if it made it through the cold.

You beat me! I've got little tomatoes and flowers, but nothing ready to harvest. Are you and DD going to fight over the tomato? :)

Dru said...

Cool about the tomato. I hope you see more.

You Are a Long Sleeved Shirt

You are a modest person. You don't think too highly of yourself, and you're definitely not a show off.

You tend to be discreet in all aspects of your life. You value privacy.

You are a solid person. You are very dependable, and you enjoy having others depend on you.

You are thoughtful and actually very deep. You reject superficiality of every sort.


It's accurate.

I hope you had a good day.