Friday, April 08, 2011

I'm Stylish!

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him. ~Leo Aikman

Dru Ann gave me an award!

I don't feel particularly stylish (I say, sitting here in my jammies!), but thanks, Dru!

The rules for accepting this award are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the award on

Now ... I'm trying to think of seven things y'all don't know about me that are kosher to share in public. *G*

Hmmmmm......

1. I eat cooked spinach with mayonnaise... which is especially odd because I don't really LIKE mayo. I never put it on my sandwiches, etc., but spinach and artichokes cry out for mayo. Listen to them next time ... I swear you'll hear: "Eat me with mayo."

2. I'm always cold. Unless it's 110 degrees out with humidity, I'm shivering. I wear flannels to bed every night, even in June. My doc says it's partly due to having low blood pressure, so there's not much I can do (save eat LOTS of salt... *G*). DD, OTOH, is always warm. I've stopped buying her winter clothes: long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, etc. She never wears them. Made for interesting times when she was a baby, because the doc always said to dress her how I would dress, so there were occasions I'd look at her and her face would be beet red with sweat rolling down while I was shivering. Poor kidlet.

3. I know how to milk goats. I had goats growing up, showed and raised goats for 4H, briefly. I wish I had a goat now, but DH says no. *sigh*

4. I don't drink milk. I don't LIKE milk. I like milk products: yogurt, cheese, ice cream. But I can't stand the taste of milk. :::shudders::: This is something that distresses both my DH and my DD's doctor. DH because he was raised to think that "milk does a body good" and my DD's doctor because I never gave her milk to drink and they were sure she wasn't getting enough calcium. First: she and I both take supplements. Second: there are plenty of other foods that contain calcium (and, in fact, your body absorbs less calcium from milk than it does from vegetable sources). Occasionally, I use the bone meal I buy for Dakota's food (don't worry -- it's human grade) in food that I cook. I'd be willing to bet I know more about food and nutrition than DD's doc...

5. I'm a study in opposites: I love to talk to people and spend time with them, but I also NEED time alone. When I'm out, I gab with anyone and everyone. I know most of the clerks at the stores I go to regularly, for instance, and enjoy chatting. But if I don't get enough time away from people I start acting like a grizzly bear with a prickle in its paw.

6. I hate camping. I think it can be traced back to when I was younger and we "got back to nature". We lived out in the boonies with no electricity, no running water, no phone ... and initially, no house. We slept in a tent until we finally got a little bitty trailer and my step-dad built a shed for us kids to live in. Our "running" water was a hose he ran from the spring up the hill from us down into the trailer. We used an outhouse, showered with an army shower in the summer and spit baths in the winter. I did my homework by kerosene lamp and once set my pillow on fire when it fell on the little gas heater by my bed. So, yeah ... camping isn't any fun for me. I got it all out of my system back then.

7. I don't understand most womens' attraction to fancy shoes, purses and other accessories. I see posts on Facebook and on blogs, etc. about "I have to have these shoes!" and a picture of 6" stilettos and all I can think is: give me my sneakers any day. I carry a fanny pack -- one I've had for years. I own maybe eight pairs of shoes, and only two are "dress" -- both flats.

I'm passing on the award to:

Angelina Rain (someone who LIKES camping!)

Maria Zannini (whose husband lets her have chickens and goats)

MJ Fredrick (who stays warm down in TX)

Liz Fichera (a desert dweller ... lucky girl)

Let me know when you post so I can come see what you say about yourselves!

====================




You Are Old Navy



You are a wholesome person. You live a low-key, low drama, and healthy life.

You are emotionally stable. You understand what matters most, and you prioritize well.

You know where you're going in life... and why you're going there. Social pressure doesn't get to you.

You are dependable and trustworthy. Your friends know that you're solid and true.



Yep.

================

7 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I HATE camping!

But I do love a fancy pair of shoes--although I'll never buy them. But I can really appreciate a pretty pair. LOL

Congrats on your award!

Angelina Rain said...

Aww, thanks for the award. I can totally understand why you hate camping. I think part of the reason why I love it is because my family never went on vacation or anything. We didn’t leave the house. I didn’t go to the movies until my first date! How sad is that! That’s probably why I love camping, because it’s a mini vacation away from home. And by the way, spinach and mayo is not strange. It’s a heavenly combination! I always make my spinach with mayo and I put a little sour cream in there and some seasonings. It tastes out of this world.

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: ...(whose husband lets her have chickens and goats)


Maybe we should give the award to him. ;-)

Come down when we get the goats and you can show me how to milk them. --well, maybe I should wait until one of them is lactating. LOL.

Thanks!

Melissa McClone said...

Man, I forgot about my award. Need to put it on my blog! Tomorrow!

Nice to learn more about you!

Brandy said...

I don't camp. It's the bugs, they freak me out. *g* It's nice to learn so many interesting things about you. And I don't like milk, either. But, I do like cheese. *g*
I hope you have a great day!

Dru said...

We're all stylish in our own way.

I'm a city girl and I don't do bugs or sleeping on the grounds. My idea of camping is staying at a 4-star hotel.

I'm always cold - doctor said I had thin blood. Do you know it was in the high 40s and people around me had their coats open and I: coat zipped to the top, scarf around neck, hat on head and gloves on hand.

re quiz: I'm Old Navy and it's me.

Have a great day.

MJFredrick said...

Boy, we have a LOT in common. I hate camping because my dad took my brother and me once, and I had my period. NOTHING like camping in the woods with two men while having your period. I was too embarrassed to tell my dad, too. I think I was 12.

I also hate milk but like yogurt.

Working on my blog--should have it up some time this week. Thanks for recommending me!