Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Driving in Massachusetts

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road. ~Author Unknown

I had to do something yesterday that I haven't done in ... ten years? Drive into Massachusetts.

:::shudder:::

The last time I drove past exit one (I admit to going into Tyngsboro to visit Trader Joe's, but that's barely across the border) was when I had a friend visit who wanted to see Boston. Lest you think I drove into Boston, let me disabuse you of that notion. I drove into Andover where there is a "T" station and we took the "T" into town.

I like Boston. I completely enjoyed walking the Freedom Trail and visiting various places. I don't like driving in Boston. Not only are the people plumb crazy down there, but the highways are confusing and the traffic is bad no matter what time of day. I'd love to take DD down to visit the Museum of Science or Franklin Park Zoo, but I can't face the drive.

Yesterday, though, my SIL was dropping off her vehicle to get a moon roof put in and needed someone to drive her home. This place didn't have a key drop, so she had to go during the day, which dramatically limited the number of people who could help. She wasn't going to Boston, or I would have had to draw the line. Even so, I was terrifically stressed by the idea.

Thankfully, we made it there and back in one piece (obviously), but holy cow -- I've gotten spoiled living in small town New Hampshire. At two in the afternoon we STILL hit places with bumper-to-bumper traffic. I nearly pulled over and kissed the "Welcome to New Hampshire (Bienvenue!)" sign when crossed the border.

It's good to be home to rural-ish New Hampshire.

Do you like driving in the city?

=====================




You Are Reasonable



You have a strong sense of responsibility. You always want to do the right thing, no matter the context.

You are orderly and organized. You appreciate the stability routine brings to your life.

You are simply a good person. You have high standards you uphold, but you don't boast about your morals.

You expect a lot of yourself, but you're tolerant of others. You know that no one can be perfect.



That's actually pretty close ... maybe 90% right. Huh. All that from a color.

================

10 comments:

Dru said...

I don't drive because I'm afraid of drivers and driving in the city, sometimes it scares me to walk in the city with the drivers on the road.

You Are Kind

You truly feel for others. You are always imagining what it's like to be in someone else's shoes.

You are indispensable as a friend. You are the confidant, companion, and support system for many people.

You are affirming and supporting. You accept people where they are, imperfections and all.

You are warm and welcoming. You will go the extra mile to make someone feel included.

This is true.

Have a great day!

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Bob said to tell you he has a special vocabulary he saves for driving in the city. We avoid Atlanta like the plague.

~Judy

MomJane said...

You Are Wise
You have a strong nurturing instinct. You seem to always know what others around you need.
You care for others deeply, and it's not an act. You practice generous acts daily.

You are a graceful and elegant creature. Your uniqueness makes your beautiful.
You insist on being appreciated and respected. If your lover isn't loyal to you, your eyes start to wander.


Glad You made it home safely.

Sarita Leone said...

So glad your trip was safe and successful.

Loved the art pieces, BTW. Very creative, and I especially liked the hand.

Anonymous said...

I don't enjoy driving in traffic. Whenever I visit Chicago, I always take public transporation into the city. Driving in the city?! No, thank you. Would rather walk on hot coals.

Maria Zannini said...

I drove Dallas rush hour traffic for years. It didn't make me nervous, but I would get grumpy. Very grumpy.

Angelina Rain said...

I live in a suburb that’s about 50 miles south of the big city, Chicago. When I need to go to the city, I drive to the nearest L train, which is a good 40 miles north. And then I take the train into the actual city. People don’t know how to drive in Chicago and there is no way I’ll drive with those lunatics on the road.

I'm glad you had a safe trip.

Brandy said...

One of the reasons we don't visit Atlanta more is because of the traffic and drivers. I prefer our smaller cities and the very small town we live in now. That said, next week we have to visit Charleston and it will be insane. *sigh*
Glad you made it home safely!

My results were the same as yours and 100% correct.

I hope you're having a lovely day!

Ceri Hebert said...

Noooo!!! I avoid any city like the plague! I used to drive in Portland ME with no fear, but ever since I moved back to NH I've gotten used to the country. When we went to look at a vehicle for Jim in downtown Manchester the salesman asked me if I was going to give it a test drive. No way!!! In fact I have an anxiety attack every time we drive to a city, even if I'm not driving! Driving to the mall of NH doesn't bother me, but if I have to drive to the Verizon forget it! And Boston!! No way! I'd rather take a bus!

For some reason, though, Nashua doesn't bother me a bit.

I'll stick to my little town with it's 2 stop lights!

MJFredrick said...

I don't mind driving in MY city, but don't like to drive in a strange place. It would have stressed me out, too!