Friday, April 01, 2011

Spring in New England

First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus. ~Lilja Rogers


We "welcomed" a nor'easter to our neck of the woods last night. Predictions were 6 - 12" of snow. I wish I could say I was playing an April Fool's joke on you, but ... no.

This was what I was enjoying just yesterday:






And this was my yard yesterday:



I stuck the camera out the back door this morning. Here's my backyard today:



I admit, the trees are pretty when they're covered in snow:



To give you an idea of how much has fallen, check out the piles on my railing:



And it's still coming down. Whee.

How's spring in your area? Have a great weekend!

=================

Sorry ... another stupid quiz today. Hopefully next week's quizzes will be better!

=================

8 comments:

Dru said...

I can't believe the havoc Mother Nature is playing.

Have a good weekend!

Maria Zannini said...

Darn it. The flowers were so pretty.

We had a few chilly days but we got back to 80 yesterday and it looks like we'll stay there.

I've been chomping at the bit to get back to writing, but the weather is too good to put off our outdoor projects.

Judy said...

:-( I'm not even going to say anything.

Sarita Leone said...

This is just so not funny. Our snow doesn't rival yours...yet. I'm praying it stops long before our yard looks like yours.

We should go somewhere sunny and warm and wait for Mother Nature to come to her senses.

Brandy said...

Wow. Mother Nature sure does love her practical jokes! I hope it all melts soon!
Have a great weekend!

Melissa McClone said...

Amazing! Love the yesterday and today shots!

Tori Lennox said...

I swear Mother Nature needs some meds to balance out her moods!

Angelina Rain said...

I’m sorry about the horrible spring. Yesterday, it rained here in Chicago, and today it’s sunny and warm and should be somewhere in the fifties. We are expecting a lot of rain over next week though.