Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Library Thing

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." -- Will Rogers

I'd kill Charity, but Minnesota is too far away, and I wouldn't know where to hide the body.

Yesterday on her blog she mentioned finding a site called Library Thing. It's a place to catalog your books.

Sounds basic enough. But...I spent hours on it yesterday. I had wanted to create a reading log for this blog, but hadn't figured out how to. Now I have. It's linked on the sidebar for your future entertainment, but to make things easy the first time, it's also right here. I've started with books I've read thus far in April, because there's no way I'm going back in time -- I read too much.

Incidentally, I've been rereading books lately because I can't seem to find any good books I haven't already read. I am open to suggestions -- Please?

For fun, I also decided to create a listing of books I own. I had no idea I owned so many books. I've made to out of state moves: California to Colorado and Colorado to New Hampshire. I got rid of A LOT of my books, but not as many as I thought. That list is still a work in progress, but if you're interested, it's both on the sidebar and right here.

And, Ceri, this is the addiction I spoke of yesterday.

And (again), I overslept this morning AGAIN. Guess I'm going to have to break down and set the blasted alarm.

1 comment:

Ceri Hebert said...

Oh sheesh, like this is something I need to start looking at 10 minutes before I have to leave for work! I'll have to give it a longer look if I have a free moment at work or when I get home this afternoon. Its a cool concept. I did notice Lloyd Alexander on your list. I adore that series!! And I had the honor of talking to him on the phone a few months ago. I work for a publisher of kids magazines and books and we carry one of his, Dream of Jade. He called to order copies. Such a sweet man! I told him how much I loved the High King series and he said that I made his day.

Okay, time to get ready for work. ttfn